It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2006, 04:38 AM   #1

billiegail HB User
Question Noise

I can't stand noise from keyboards and stuff like that. It drives me nuts. How many of you have that issue?

Old 02-18-2006, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: Noise

Mine are the sound of fingernails tapping on countertops, candy wrappers in movie theaters (actually any sounds in a theater), whistling, multiple conversations in one room, etc.
I actually feel my blood pressure rise and I want to scream!
I'm Type I, and I've heard that being bothered by certain noices can be a "bipolar thing"!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
(female)

LOWnly~Me! HB User

Hello There,
Is it a specific noise that makes you cringe or is it the fact that it is disturbing you or your thoughts? I cant stand the vaccum cleaner on, or people talking with a television on etc, multiple noises because my head is busy enough on its own. I wouldnt worry we all have our quirks. Show me a sane person and i will cure them!!!!!
Take care

Old 02-18-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
(female)

Concerned39 HB User

Oh yes, I totally get what you mean. A loud tv, whistling, tapping fingers, arguing, and this is strange but if I like a song I can listen to it loud, but if I don't like the music playing loudly it makes me feel like I am going to crawl out of my skin. There are others but I can't think of them right now. I also have the same with clothing- if it doesn't feel just right it seems that I can't get it off fast enough and go through a few clothing changes until I find something that doesn't make my nerves scream. Just seems that sometimes the nerve endings are over sensitive in both areas.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
(female)

Anxious_Scouser HB User

Hi, Im really bad for feeling like i have to scream when i hear other people typing, my poor brother has had to endure my wrath from typing very fast and refusing to shut his door!
Im the same though, i get very very irritated by small noises, crunching/rustling ones mostly. is this a trait of people with bi polar or am i just really intolerant?? I kinda suspect i do suffer from it because my moods can change rapidly.
but i can totally sympathise with how you guys feel

Old 02-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #6

billiegail HB User

spoke to my counselor yesterday and it is a trait that almost all bi-polar people have in all types. That bites.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #7
(male)

ShoelessTroy HB User

Any little noise literally makes me crazy. Eating noises, loud cars, babies crying, chewing gum, lip smacking, slurping coffee, gum, popping, biting into an apple, crunching on chips etc. I often have to leave the room or put on headphones to escape the torture of the noises. If for some reason I can't get away from the person making the noise than all I can think about is cracking the person in the head with a pipe just so they will just, “Shut the **** UP”!!

Old 02-23-2006, 04:01 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Oh Boy! This post has helped me. I just thought the wife was too sinistive about the TV. She HATES it. I watch about 1 hour a week of tv except during the fall when football is on.
Thanks for the heads up.

Mudhound

Closed Thread