It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

gloriamomof5 HB User
Question New Here

well im a mother of 5 kids i have just been dianosied with cyclothmia. i have always new something was wrong with me since high school but mother never payed any attention to me that i had some sort of problem she new i had something wrong i had been in LD classes and even MER class also. she took my brother to have him diagnoised he was diagnoised ADD and treated ADD ADHD DEPPRESION Aniety mental break down panic attakes all runs in my family how could she not have know maybe she new and just didnt care. well any way i have just now been to docter about it i was scared to go.but i wish i had gone earlyier because i had a real scary manic episode other day im just trying adjust to 3 different medicines and watch 5 kids at same time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: New Here

Hiya

It's really tough when you're first diagnosed, especially when you have a family to look after. But you've made the first (and hardest step) - you recognised something wasn't right and got yourself some help. You're also aware of things that your mum could have done (and didn't), and that makes you a much better parent, because you won't do the same thing to your kids.

It does get easier, and these boards are really friendly, so there's always someone to talk to. Keep posting and give yourself time to start feeling better. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

Best wishes

Picali xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
(female)

gloriamomof5 HB User

thanks your message made me feel better.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
(female)

meljo HB User

Good luck Gloria...5 kids... maybe you have to be a little nutty to live with 5kids...just kidding.... give the meds time to work... and keep a Jounal with you at all time... track day to day and sometimes hour to hour.... that way you can show it to your dr. at your next appt.... meljo

Old 02-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

It does seem to get better as time rolls on. However, there will be some rough time too. Stay here for some of the best people on earth are here and they care.

Mudhound

Closed Thread