It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

october77 HB User
network of support??

I have read alot about this ince visiting this board and I guess it's kinda an unknown for me. I was told I was bipolar 8 years ago and quickly started drawing disability....my entire life changed, but mostly I have continued to rely on meds to fix me......currently I'm on depakote 1000 and abilify 30....I try HARD to be my own support system....like with MAKING myself exercise and eat daily! I have issues with food....choosing it mainly. Anyway my question is how do you go about getting a network??? I talk with very few people outside of a weekly therapy app.-----no siblings-----I guess I sometimes complain to me husband....by saying something like"Iwish I wasn't in this world today" and he has NO PATIENCE for it.....he says it's pity talk.....perhaps it is. I have mentioned to my therpist that he should get a board and then folks could CHOOSE to put their name on it to form a group of bipolars folks where we could share feelings......thanks for any replys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: network of support??

Glad to have you. This is a very good start. I'd contact my local Mental health center for groups already in your area.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
(female)

LOWnly~Me! HB User
Smile Re: network of support??

Hello there,
I hope you are well today, from your post I got the feeling that you felt slightly isolated through your illness..... Well the jist of the posts on here more or less mirror that... I cant understand why there arent more groups, meetings, activities, chances for BP suffers to get together and really relate... (maybe they dont want us all together in one room)!!!!!!! You cannot beat a good chin wag with people that you KNOW really do understand you and are not just nodding through politeness, or fear!!!! My husband can be pretty much like yours, it does at times sound like I am self pittying, however I have learnt to balance every bleak view, thought or feeling with one that is good, wholsome and appreciative of the positives in my life... There are times when I convince myself that positive does not exist in my vocabulary and I am just the most pathetic, awful, eccentric, shining loonatic that ever had the nerve to walk these streets in my slippers!!! Why not!! One who no one takes seriously because they havent got a clue as to what is going on up stairs in the head department!!! I am sick and tired and tired and sick of explaining, excusing, hoping that I will be forgiven just for been little old me..... Talk about full time job, I need to be paid not only a weekly wage for been me but danger money too.. Or get a stunt double cos Im not too good on the physical side, my brain is athletic my body comotozed!!!! well sometimes, at the moment I am going through a manic stage, hence the state of this post!!
I really dont know what to suggest to you apart from to get every bit of info on any groups, activities or alike that will enable you to get some sort of release... Failing that get a tannoy and sandwhich board and get out into the cities spreading the BP word!!!!! Its not easy, I havent found a way, but im trying!!! You are in my thoughts, take care

xx

Old 03-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Hello again, I would try contacting a local NAMI group. They have suppost groups that meet most every month for the spouse of, the brother of, the sister of, the ? of someone that they love has a mental illness.

Mudhound

Old 04-21-2006, 06:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Oct,
I sure hope that you have found some local support. Just know that this online group is freat for support. There are folks here that do care.

Mudhound

Closed Thread