It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

Tylers_Mommy HB User
My nephew was dx Bipolar

Sorry so long but I was babbling half the time! I figure you might find the crazy doctors office my nephew goes to pretty interesting though...Amazing what people get away with nowadays!

My 12 year old nephew was dx Bipolar a while back. My son Jace is also Bipolar and the two boys are worlds apart!!! The woman who dx him is not what you would call a great doctor...Well, shes actually a Nurse Practitioner working under a doctor that my nephew HAS NEVER SAW ONCE in 2 years that shes been working with Bradlee. Anyway, I was thinking that Bradlee and Jace were so different because of the age difference. I thought I would ask you guys how your children are/were around Bradlee's age.
The major thing is he's not a moody kinda kid. He's never aggressive, no rages or irritability. He also doesn't have anxiety and he doesn't show that much oppositional behavior. He does, however, have suicidal thoughts (for attention form the family), and is a HUGE risk taker. He thinks he could fly if he could just flap hard enough! Hes very immature and has problems in school with peers and is in LD classes. He never slows down and was dx ADHD also. He has a very low self esteem but I believe that was how he was raised. His Mom isnt the best role model.

He lies a lot and tries to be manipulative but it never works out the way he wants. Most of the time he thinks everyone hates him and will cut himself and tell his Mom that his brother did it just to get him in trouble. He is ALL about REVENGE for what his brothers and sisters did a year ago! Hes really something! He is attention seeking and does most things (the suicidal things mostly because it gets the family all upset because his uncle died that way) for attention. As a baby he was babied 24/7. His Mother babied him till no end! Now that hes older he gets no such attention. He is on several different meds, (way too much if you ask me) and his Mom refuses to take him to a different doctor, one who actually has a doctor and a therapist there for Bradlee. He sees one person only for everything. Doesn't make since to me! I took Jace there only once and she was ready to give him a dx of Bipolar. HE WAS THREE!!!!! I couldn't believe that so I RAN THE OTHER WAY!!! What do you all think? You know of a way that I can do something about this NP or is this not illegal in Kentucky? I would love to do something! I know 4 kids that go to her to get meds just to they can sell them! She gives out meds like they are candy!!!!

Thanks for listening! Hugz, April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: My nephew was dx Bipolar

Meds should be controled. Some dr's think it their right to dose up everybody they see. How sad!

Mudhound

Old 03-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
(female)

Tylers_Mommy HB User
Re: My nephew was dx Bipolar

Yes they thin they can do what they please these days and I think its terrible how that is. This woman needs to be shut down. I wish I knew who to call! She makes me so upset! Grrr...

Thanks, April

Closed Thread