It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User
Manic so strong your sick to your stomach

Hey all,
I cycle quick and usually my episodes are not the type most feel in severity. When I am Manic I have a hard time sleeping and I buy to much, eat to much and just well do everything to much. when I am depressed I get kind of discouraged, but nothing too bad, usually its annoying at most.

My Doc just lowered me a bit on the Lithium with a new pill, I went from 1200 down to 1050. I was on 900 for the longest time, but I started to swing a bit so he brought me to 1200, but I found it made me sleepy, so we went down to 1050.

All was well for about a week, when I noticed I was a bit manic as usual but went about my day. Then that night it hit, and extreemly good mood just swallowed me whole. I might have slept 2 hrs. But I felt great, except it felt so good it made me sick to my stomach in a butterfly kind of way. I was going to call my doctor, but, I felt so good I wanted to milk it for a few days and enjoy it. And it did last, for four wonderful Days which is odd for me.
It had its cost though, I ended up buying a truck we didn't need, and spending money we didn't have. Got to control that.

Then I plunged the other way and became really sad, but I could still function, but for the first time, putting my foot in front of the other just seemed like too much work. I started to feel I failed my son, my wife, my job, and most of all myself. Like some broken toy prancing through life trying to pretend all was well. The world turned gray, I became obsessed with the money I spent, hating myself for doing it, but helpless to change it.

But that past, and I am feeling the stirrings of those butterflies again and I know the good mood's comming. I wonder if its going to be the same or even better, I feel like a mood junky.

Each night I am tempted to go back up to 1200, each night I hold off for just one more day.

, Can you become addicted to your mood LOL. I am cyclomatic, so I don't have dangerous manics, but they do seem to be doubling in stength, so far I am rulling it. Have any of you other Cyclomantic's have times when your mood gets very strong? more than usual?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread