It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #1

being_me HB User
keeping your focus and goals

hi there. I was wondering if anyone had any good copeing methods, to help maintain long term focus and goals. I have a terrible time keeping myself on a level path and establishing goals and following them through. especialy keeping focus on them. any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's too dahm easy tp get caught of guard with yourself and preventing self destructive , "who gives a dahm" cycles..
I have found that a lot of folks with forms of bipolar, posess a great deal of potential in life. I am constantly in a 360 degree cycle of thought and out look on life. never being able to control your thoughts helps you too become a lateral thinker, and somewhat of a visionary...with ample amounts of compassion and understanding to the world around you. but you will never attain anything in life without focus.any help would be very much appreciated.
Has anyone also had luck with bipolar support groups? If so, how have they affected you? and how do you feel they benifit eachother? thank you very much

Old 04-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

klawk316 HB User
Re: keeping your focus and goals

THIS IS A LONG RESPONSE, I HOPE IT HELPS....

I think it a common thing for bi polarís to be multi task and this is a major problem for keeping focused. Since I am fairly stable by medication, keeping focus has become a little easier. I have recently been given the task of handling my disabled fatherís finances. I had to buy a filing box and go threw all the paper work to organize. A big task and I have come to love it. Iíve learned not to allow myself to walk away from any project until completed or filed away for another scheduled day. Almost daily I have to keep track of either some banking matters, money coming in/out, investments maturing, new investment opened, reading and organizing his mail The responsibility was originally overwhelming but it has forced me to become more focused.

Things I have learned:: never handle a paper twice (you can apply this to many facets in your life); make a schedule and stick to it (plan your dive and dive your plan (in other words make a daily plan the night before and go do the plan the following day)); jot down conversations and then immediately rewrite them in details and immediately act upon or file it; commit one or two places which you use to put things on/in like a purse; paper work, keys, glasses, etc. As mom used to say, Ďa place for everything and everything in its placeí; before I go to bed I recount my day, people Iíve spoken to, places I visited, things I accomplished and if there is something that is bothering me I will write it down before bedtime so that I can take care of it the morning and not have it bother me during sleep. I think the responsibility of be responsible for anotherís well-being has make my life less multi tasked and more focused. I could have never accomplished all that I have without the focus needed. Good Luck, Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

klawk316 HB User
Re: keeping your focus and goals

IT'S ME AGAIN...

I also find that being focused with my daily tasks makes me more focused when conversing or just plain old listening to someone talk, and also with reading.... So, maybe if you can find a multi functioning task that needs a lot of focus to accomplish completions, it might help with your focusing on other things as well.

Closed Thread