It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

ILOVETHE70's HB User
Unhappy I feel like my friends think I'm crazy!

I have bipolar which causes me to become more perky in the early morning than my friends. When my friends see me in the morning, they often joke around with me by asking me what I'm on and can they have some. )

Old 04-02-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
(female)

lynelle101 HB User
Re: I feel like my friends think I'm crazy!

Hello I am new here and your post caught my eye. I also feel like my friends dont know what to do with me, I am either up on a high and they think that I am so fun to be around I cheer everyone up or the dreaded paranoid lowes happen where I dont want to talk to be around anyone and I hate being in public or even talking seems like so much effort. I am bipolar and manic depressive and some compulsive actions. I feel crazy all the time not normal so I so get it if you want to talk further I would be glad to listen or vent which ever. Best of luck Lynelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

lilmsmagic HB User

i understand ilovethe70s, i have had this for about 15 years now. its hard to deal with b/c i dont tell people about my disease. i feel as if people label you when they find out you have this, so i personnally keep it to myself. this is something you are gonna have to deal with for the rest of your life. its YOUR choice as to how to deal with it. and yes i said choice. everything in life is a choice. i dont knkow how long you have had this so i really dont know how to help you. could you give a little history please?

Last edited by lilmsmagic; 04-02-2006 at 07:07 PM.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

I can relate. This used to happen to me at work too. It was awful. I would either be up or very down, and never an in between.

I do have a comeback....Not sure if it would apply.....You could say...."Why don't you join me in being happy. You might like it!" And, see what they would say......because they won't know how to take that comment- sarcastic, synical, nice, complimentary, etc....it is all in how you say it and in your body language in presenting it.

Simply- Just be you and don't feel ashamed of who you are because when a person starts to do that, then one begins to feel worse about themselves; right? Why try to be someone you aren't?

Maybe those around you are unhappy and jealous too. Even though you have a condition that can cause this to happen, they are probably envious of your personality. And, if that is the case, it is their problem. Be proud, stand proud, and live proud.

Take care and hang in there!!!! Live, love, and laugh hard!!!!!!!!

Coffeegirl

Old 04-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
(female)

karibradford HB User

Well said, Coffeegirl! I love the comeback...gonna have to try it myself!

Closed Thread