It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

dj1412 HB User
need to vent!

I think my friend needs help! and as she hasnt taken a razor blade to herself or a packet of pills no one will!

I think she has bipolar (cant be sure as she wont see a doctor) very visable ups and downs, she bought a shop a month ago, has been there 2 days and my mum now works 6 shifts a week at her job and 4 at the shop trying to keep it up and running! 'B' hasnt bathed for a month, recently started drinking (has stopped as none left in house and cant go out) eats jars of pasta sauce cos' they're there and easy.

I saw her yesterday and she frightened the hell out of me, went to fix her computer and said she 'wasnt up to it'! This is a women who I can't even picture less than immaculate, she looks 20 years older, hair everywhere, the thought that she can carry on for so long like this without anyone (medical) stepping in and doing something!

her family (her immediate family are dead, aunt and uncle) have now washed their hands of her and think 'if you help her with the shop this much she will rely on it and not bother to go', but we love and care about her, maybe we are doing more harm than good, but if we do theres no one left!
I dont know how to help her and its so frustrating, we could drag her to the doctors but she doesn't tell them how bad it is and as we're not family theres the confidentiality thing.

ok, i feel better now.
sorry for going on but its better than banging your head against a wall i think.
Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 05:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: need to vent!

We have all banged our heads against the wall at some time. She has to know that she needs help before she will get it.

Mudhound

Closed Thread