It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
(male)

Matty HB User
Seroquel beat me up...

First night on Seroquel and I felt "stoned" out of my skull.

I honestly don't know if I can handle that. Today at work I feel like I got hit by a truck. Albeit I hadn't felt like I slept in years prior to this, I don't know what to do.

This stuff seems way too heavy - should I even continue? I only took 50 mg and I was paralyzed last night... what the heck is this stuff doing in order to make me feel that way?

I don't trust it. Should I? Does Lithium do this to someone?? Is this what I should come to expect from a BP med??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
Talking Re: Seroquel beat me up...

If you dont like Seroquel, try some other antipsychotics on the market... Zyprexa or Abilify...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User
Re: Seroquel beat me up...

All antipsychotics are like that. Hang in there! The symptoms might go away soon. I think thats why I got off of Seroquel. Can't remember for sure.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

SuchGreatHeight HB User
Re: Seroquel beat me up...

Sideaffects usually wear off in a couple of days to a couple of weeks. The first few days on an antipsychotic can be horrid with sideaffects. But stay in there because chances are, the affects will subside and the medication will kick in and help.

Of coarse, if the extreme fatique continues after 4 weeks your should switch for functioning reasons. All antipsychotics (as cinema said) have these kinds of affects, especially the first time you take it.

All in all, give it a while before decidng to switch.

(On a personal note, I know how you feel. Although I did great on 600+mg of Seroquel, Abilify kicked me on my ***. But after 3 weeks, I did very well.)

SGH

Closed Thread