It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #1

billiegail HB User
meds, thyroid issues, and apple shape

I went to the doctor yesterday and he informed me that my meds (bipolar
meds) would make me retain pounds and that I needed to watch what I eat. I have hypothyroidism and I am an apple shape person. I am interested in knowing what others with my problems are doing to lose the weight. I have tried near everything and can't seem to drop any weight. I have been counting calories for a month, this time, and lost 1 pound and that is with exercising. I am just getting fustrated with the whole weight issue and need some help. If you have any suggestions, please reply. I have tried Atkins, Vegan diet, and many many others and they all fail to produce any weight loss.
Thanks
BillieGail

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bpd_bipolar HB User
Re: meds, thyroid issues, and apple shape

I am not sure if this will help you, but I have hypothroidism too and take BiPolar meds along with BPD meds. I have been struggling with weight because of the Geoden I take makes you gain it. I've been trying diets left and right as well. I stopped trying and have went from 210 down to 183. I have a hard time with it, but I have stayed away from a lot of red meat, I eat chicken and pork (well more chicken than pork) and veges (salad eater, but with a tablespoon of dressing) and walk once in a while. Now if you are exercising a lot, then that is good, keep drinking 8 glasses of watcer a day (8 oz. ones) and that will clean out your system. Just try not to force yourself to eat certian things as denying yourself things might make you want to binge to get the craving away.

This is just what has worked for me I am also on meds for the thyroid.

Hope I helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread