It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
(female)

novmom HB User
Does this mean a med adjustment is needed?

I know it's much harder to distinguish what is what with my DS only being 5. It's frustrating to me, because my son is the only one I've been around his age so I have no one to compare him to on what is "normal" or not. (I hate to use the term normal...cause what is really normal, kwim?)

Anyways, the past couple weeks he has been reverting back to his old ways before he was started on the meds. He's not having any crying fits like he was before. (Before, the slightest thing...he would start uncontrolably crying and we could not get him to settle down....his pyschiatrist was telling me this was a rage incident??). But what he is doing is being really hyper. To the point where we tell him a hundred times to stop doing something and he keeps doing it anyways. (one of the problems we were having before). He's talking nonstop again (and I know children talk a lot...but this is seriously NONSTOP). He's getting up in the middle of the night again....usually around 3 or 4 am is when he's up for the day. There's other stuff to, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. But I keep asking DH....did he have his meds? Then I go and count them just to make sure.

Something new he has started is that he always thinks we're talking about him. DH and I can be having a discussion about something and he will butt in and basically twist the conversation around like we were talking about him.

I'm just so frustrated...

He's got another doctor's appointment soon....I'm just counting down the days until we go again.

Thanks!
3 yr old daughter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

jawz1920 HB User
Re: Does this mean a med adjustment is needed?

hi this means he could need a higher dose to his meds or may be having a different problem than what you think

jawz

Closed Thread