It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 01:30 AM   #1

ljs3 HB User
My husband is in trouble

Several years ago my husband was arrested for indecent exposure. It was the first time he had ever been in trouble so he was given probation and ordered to go to counseling. He eventually got mad at the counselor, thought he was a jerk, and quit going. Fast foward to 20 years later. In those 20 years my husband has always had anger issues and I describe it as being on a constant rollarcoaster ride when it comes to living with him. Sometimes he was the most wonderful person you'd ever want to know and other times he was a monster. I finally had enough and told him he needed to leave or get help. His counselor suggested to him that he may be bipolar. He was put on depakote but once again quit counseling because he felt the guy was a jerk and soon after quit taking the medication. Two weeks ago my worst nightmare came true. He was once again arrested for indecent exposure. He didn't tell me about it until yesterday. In the two weeks since his arrest he went back to counseling and has once again been put on depakote. I told him that this is the end of the road for us. As you would suspect he is sorry but said he understands why I feel the way I do. He said he gets an uncontrollable urge to do what he did and says his mind is all foggy when it happens. He said he has no intentions of anyone ever seeing him but this particular individual walked up to his vehicle as he was sitting there. He isn't discussing much about it with me because his lawyer advised him not to. He did tell me that his counselor says she things this impulsive act is related to bipolar disorder. What do you guys think about that? Is this an excuse to blame it on bipolar disorder? He is a sad, sad man! But I just can't be a part of this. Thanks for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 05:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: My husband is in trouble

It could be part bipolar. There is an issue that does relate to BP. The sex thing. When someone is in a manic mood they can be overly active is the relem of sex.
Exposi9ng oneself is or could be considered part of this health concern.

Mudhound

Closed Thread