It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

1CONFUZEDMOMMA HB User
Lightbulb I am finding some similarties with some of these!

Well this is very similar to me. My father is also bi-polar skitzophrantic , ocd and says he has multiple personalities. He goes as far as naming them and they all have names and different characteristics. He jokes about them sometimes but he knows that it is serious and not funny. He is on every kind of medicine known for bipoloar. He was diagnosed when I was 8 Iam 31 now. I was diagnosed at 15-16 but thought it was just my "teen years". I went to a counselor and they put me on lithium-the all well too known "cure" drug. Well by the time I was 18 I didnt want to LIVE MY LIFE ON A PILL so I stopped taking them-cold turkey! I then started hanging out with the wrong crowd and started using a lot of prescription drugs and then as I got older and had a baby at age 22 by the time she was 3- i had lost custody of her to a really bad meth habit-that stemmed from my new found favorite drug Ectstacy. Which I now realize was my new way of coping with my illness. Well then I went back to the doctor after being hospitalized for 3 weeks for attempted suicide. So they put me on Zoloft that didnt last very long-cant do street drugs and try to take manic drugs at same time. Then we tried pxil-felt ok for a while and then the street drugs took over-so finally we found effexor and it did really good and I did really good until my new found love Cocaine came into the picture. So this is where I am now. I know that at times I can just get as low as can be and nothing ever seems like it is going to go right then there are times when I talk so fast that I dont even know what I say! I have such terrible mood swings that I love my boyfriend so much then the next I am thinking what else is out there?
Any of this souind familiar to anyone???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #2
(female)

1CONFUZEDMOMMA HB User
Angry Re: I am finding some similarties with some of these!

Ok noone has said a word to me! Was It too much in one post? I was just wondering have had several views but no comments, wow I must be really messed up!

Old 04-20-2006, 11:05 AM   #3

BPNotallofMe HB User
Re: I am finding some similarties with some of these!

You sound like you need to go to drug rehab for a 90 day program and then deal with your biploar disorder starting from there.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
(female)

lynelle101 HB User
Re: I am finding some similarties with some of these!

1CONFUSEDMOMMA
I am so sorry that your in the state your in....you can change it though as the last post said you need to start with drug rehab and most likely drop the association you have. I went through a similar situation, but I had a husband and he protected my son from his stupid mothers antics.... He is and did go through HELL and I didn't no I had an illness until last Nov.. Now it explains allot. My first start in at least getting off the drugs was association. I called everyone I knew and told them point blank stay the hell away from me! Even my closest friends (cocaine) was my choice of drug tooo as it is for allot of manic people! To this day I don't associate with those people because I know there not good for me. Most of them are dead or in Jail anyhow said life... Sorry if this isn't the answer your looking for... I still have allot of issues but I live one day at a time and I have my 3 kids to think about which at times is overwhelming but the will to leave for them is sometimes the only thing that makes me through one more day.... Much Love Lynelle

Last edited by lynelle101; 04-20-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Closed Thread