It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

dj1412 HB User
thank you

Hi, I came to this site a while ago and asked if anyone thought my friend might be bi-polar! we all agreed she may be, we eventually talked her into going to a doctor who told her she is, i just wanted to thank everyone here for their help to get us though this! shes terrified though, shes just been told shes mentally ill!
weve told her its like diabetes or thiroid, its an illness, uncurable but treatable. She is now worried about things, her life, her finances, we look at this as a good sign!
She is worried about facing people at the minute, but shes trying, and i think she and all of you are amazing, i can't imagine waking up and knowing i've got to face this and deal with it,and just doing it! i want to thank you for your help( i may be back asking for advise)!
Again THANK YOU! I saw her today looking a million times better than in the last 6 weeks, i told her we loved her, and are here for her and always will be!
I'm not sure i could have told her all this without being at this site first (honestly) her family thought she was bone idle, but we knew different!
SO THANK YOU AND THANKS AGAIN! i know its not perfect but its a start!!

Old 04-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

madolyn HB User
Re: thank you

My daughter has recently been diagnosed Bipolar. As hard as it is to hear those words, I think its a lot harder not knowing what is going on. We still have our moments, but knowing what is causing these mood swings is half the battle. I'm glad your friend was willing to seek the help she needed and I'm sure she was able to do that knowing she had support from her friends and family.

I'm glad you are determined to stick by your friend, because as you know Bipolar people have a tendency of pushing others away. Be there for your friend and learn from her. Bipolar people are truly special in so many ways - I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything!

I hope to talk to you again and get an update on your friend. I too am glad to have found this sight.

Madolyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread