It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
(female)

AngieJohnson HB User
Thumbs up Newby here

I have been recently searching for a Bipolar Disorder support group in the Plano, TX area and have had no luck. I have been having problems dealing with my disorder. I feel like it is progressing or something. The problem I have is that I do not have health insurance and I am already paying $624.34 a month in medication. I have a great doctor that only charges me $50 a visit but some months I go a few times. My job suffers. I feel so alone with this. My loved ones truly do not understand.

Anyway, I am glad I found this message board today.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User
Re: Newby here

Have you considered obtaining disablility benefits? With a montly income from social security you can also get medicare which I'm sure will help you out as far as meds go. I'm out of school and work because of bipolar, so I'm currently applying for it. I don't know much about it, but it could be an option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 04:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

I agree with the above post. You may want to contact DHS and or the health dept. They may know of a free clinic in your area.
Also, there are support groups out there. This board has been a life saver to me and my family. however, there is nothing that compares to the face to face contact that i get from my NAMI group. we meet twice a month to help one another face this illness. Look them up in your area. They should be able to asist in getting you anf your fam some help.

Mudhound

Old 04-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
(female)

BP_Puff&Stuff HB User

I have only been checking out these message boards for about a week now and just by reading other people's posts, I get a sense of...I don't know how to describe it....belonging? Maybe. Just that I feel like I'm not alone. I can tell people about the time I was soooooooo manic I did (blank) and they won't respond with a, "Holy crap! What is wrong with you?!" Instead you get, "Well, this one time I did THIS." I think this place is great and I'm glad I found it. I hope you feel the same.
As far as your medication goes, there are programs established by drug companies to offer free medication. I am not really in need of this program so I have not looked into it. Plus, I do not want to abuse the resources that are out there for people who truly need it. You can google "Free Medication" and you will eventually come across one of these programs.
Best of luck to you. I hope you find some comfort on these boards.

Closed Thread