It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

smartgal HB User
All this time I thought I was just depressed

Finally went to a psychiatrist (instead of having my family doctor hand out some antidepressants) and he said he thinks I'm mildly bi-polar.

Do any of you have bi-polar and are mostly depressed? I do see rare instances of manic behavior in myself but mostly depression.

Also, I'm taking lamictal, any advise, concerns?

Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

smartgal HB User
Re: All this time I thought I was just depressed

I should have read that little primer at the top of the page. I guess I fit the bipolar II description pretty clearly. At 47, it will be nice if I can finally feel "normal".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

lynelle101 HB User

Depression can hit hard in bipolars... I was mostly manic and now fight hard against depression sucks...I also am on lamictal and it seems to be helping allot with my racing thoughts and tempermental outburst that I was only recently starting to have.... I was just recently diagnosed in Nov. so it's a bit knew to me I am bipolar manic depressive ptsd and of course seeing pdoc once to twice a week I am reading everything on can on this illness to know how to better manage and deal with myself...Best Wishes to you Lynelle

Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Hedgehog No 1 HB User

Hey GG,

Welcome to the bipolar board.

I have struggled myself with bipolar / depression question for a few years.

It now appears that I am a MILD bipolar who cycles with depression mostly and mild manic thoughts. Consequently I got treated as depressed rather than Bipolar.

There are a lot of helpfull people here for advice, stick around and ask as much as you want.

Hedge ~

Closed Thread