It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

requiemforadream HB User
Question BP going to jail tomorrow

i'm not a drinker...but one VERY rare night this passed september, i did drink. only i had just started depakote (for very impulsive symptoms of my bipolar) that day, and no one told me that it's very dangerous to drink with this drug. anyway, the night played out like a dream, a haze--i had no control. i passed out/blacked out/fell asleep, whatever, behind the wheel. my car was totaled, but thankfully no one was hurt, including myself.

now, tomorrow afternoon, i face the judge for a DUI, and my attorney says that i will get 72 hours minimum. i can't sleep, i feel sick to my stomach, and i'm so nervous and scared; he didn't tell me what i'm in for, as far as how jail will be. does anyone here know? i do know that i won't be with the general population.

i figured since some of us get out of control here with our bipolar condition, i thought someone may be able to give me a glimpse of what i am in for in this situation.

any comments would be most appreciated.

*megan*

Old 04-24-2006, 01:02 AM   #2
(female)

Xena1 HB User
Re: BP going to jail tomorrow

Megan your theripest who gave you the drug should be held responsible for what ever happend, she/he was obligated to tell you of the dangers of this drug,,,

You should sue your theripest!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 04:24 AM   #3
(male)

w10 HB User
Re: BP going to jail tomorrow

sueing is a bit full on i think
they are supposed to explain and give a printout with the dangers of any drugs you take for you to read but you do still have to be responsable for your illness as best you can including things you do wrong
it's always the best move to reseach before you start anything for yourself
having said that i'm sorry your in that situation and i hope it works out the best way it can for you.
try to get a letter from your doc on your behalf if its not to late
or just karate kick your way out.

Closed Thread