It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
(female)

Debjean777 HB User
Question Any Positive advice about Seroquel?

Hello, usually i'm on the depression board because i'm a depressed person and suffer from anxieties (mostly health). My doctor put me on Seroquel today and said to start with 25Mg and see how i do. I also take Effexor with is an antidepressant. I hate taking all this medication but it beats feeling terribly depressed and worried and fearful all the time. Has anyone taken Seroquel and have any positive feed back? Also, will it take away the worry and fear that i always have that there is something wrong with me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
(female)

lynelle101 HB User
Re: Any Positive advice about Seroquel?

I only take it for sleep 50mg at night the best thing that ever happened to me Really w/o it I would never sleep... I don't no about anything else though sorry but I sure hope it works for you in whatever way you need it tooo Best to u Lynelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

tre6117 HB User

I took Seroquel for a few weeks. I used it as an antipsychotic and also because I have the worst time sleeping. It helped a little with my irrational fears during the daytime (I had some pretty bad hypochondria...same thing as the health anxieties you talked about?), but more at night when I took it because I was kinda sleepy and a bit loopy. Overall, it worked well, but you should plan to take it at night (a big use for it is for sleep and insomnia because it makes you drowsy!). I thought it was okay, but my dad is on it and he swears by it. He sleeps normal now and he acts a lot calmer and more rational. It has done a lot for him. Psych meds are very trial-and-error, as any psychiatrist will tell you, so be sure to talk to your doc about how it is working.

PS, I know you think that is a lot of medication, but once you get on the right ones for you, being functional beats being off meds. People with different diagnoses need different amounts of medication.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
(female)

darlingnikki HB User

I'm on seroquel...100mg. I'm on it for bi-polar and insomia (I suffer from it really badly).

The only problem I have with it, and I made a post about it...Is the nasty gunk and dry mouth it gives me every morning.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

dalislastrose HB User

I was on it for a little over 6 months for mania in association with the bipolar, but my experience was very stressful. I was hallucenating, talking and walking in my sleep, and randomly wandering off to the point that my husband and close friends had to treat me like a toddler. I had the same problems with my teeth, and went from perfect teeth to needing extensive work on 14 of my teeth (including 3 that just need to be pulled.)

I slept a lot on Seroquel, and even had problems in my college classes. I would fall asleep during class, even if I wasnt tired. I would just pass out wherever I was, which unfortunately was usually in the front row of class.

The biggest problems I had, though, were when i was coming off the drug. I would just snap into uncontrollable rages that were highlighted by the most angry, violent, and spiteful urges. That was the scariest part for me, because I really did feel like I could not control myself if I wanted to.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
(male)

yooper829 HB User

Hello

I was on Seroquel for almost 2 years and it was the best I have ever felt. Perfect for making you sleep if you have that problem. I just could not get up in the morning while on it, then when I woke up (8 at the earliest) I would feel drunk and stumble around and my speech would be slurred for a 1/2 hour. Im now on Resperdal and its working but just not as well as when on Seroquel. I did have a terrible time getting off of it but they say that is very rare. I wouldnt be afraid one bit to give it a try!

Closed Thread