It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
(male)

DMIXEDUP HB User
Question Memory loss

First off, glad to be back....I had lost this site due to the fact that I deleted it somehow. I am still taking lamictal and lexapro, and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced memory loss or loss of perception while taking lamictal? I read that is a side effect, and it's happening to me about everyday. My woman and her daughter have called me stupid at times, even though I suppose they mean no harm, that really pisses me off. I tell them I am not stupid, just a lil slow. I think I should tell my therapist about these side effects. Besides I need to see her, been a few months since last visit. I like seeing the receptionist when I walk in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Hedgehog No 1 HB User
Re: Memory loss

Hey Mixed Up,

I've been taking lamictal for three weeks now. I haven't experienced many side effects (yet) *

However I have discovered that loss of memory is a side effect. Could it be that this is what you are suffering from but don't realise it?

It could give the impression of being slow and forgetful.

I will let you know if it is something I start with over the next few weeks.

Hedge ~

* see other post reference eye sight

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 04:42 AM   #3
(female)

m25 HB User

I have been taking Lamictal for two years, and have not noticed any memory loss.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
(female)

klawk316 HB User

I almost dropped the lamictal because of short term memory loss. I was completely unnerved with the event. Thought I had the beginnings of Alzheimerís. Found out it was a side effect and am curious to know what percent of lamictal users suffer. I know the blurred vision side effect is 17%; thatís pretty high when you think on it. Anyone know what % suffers with poor memories?

I met a doctor that informed me that the memory loss will not go away until you are completely stable. I was already taking 250mg daily and my doctor wonít increase but she did give me a small dose of abilify. Now my memory is wonderful; has never been better; Iíve never experienced such stability in my life. Hope my little cocktail continues to help.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User

Recently I have been having major memory loss but I don't know whether it is from the Lamictal or not. I just had an increase to 150mg. I haven't brought it up with the psych yet (because I keep forgetting ) but it seems like it is too coincidental to not be a side effect.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
(male)

oxindenial HB User

I don't take that drug, but I have noticed that during a manic episode I tend to forget things. Could it be related to the disorder in general?

Old 05-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
(female)

cth HB User
Unhappy Re: Memory loss

I just posted that bipolars have memory loss. Perhaps it is the lamictal. It's scary isn't it. I wrote about a med called galantamine. Please check that post.
Let me know what you think.

cth

Last edited by cth; 05-07-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Closed Thread