It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

BipolarKimmy HB User
I'm Kim, new here, a little delicate

Hi, I'm Kim I am in the process of been diagnosed with BD (the doc has confirmed I'm bipolar, but not started taking any medication yet) I'm due back at the end of this week.

Here is a bit about me...I live in the UK, I'm 21. I live with my boyfriend of 2 years, we got engaged 2 months ago and we have a little cat called Harley (I'm a big Harley Davidson fan)

I've always known there was something "not right" with me, I used to think i was just weird. As i got older, i realised there was definitly something wrong with me, but I didn't know about Bipolar Disorder untill a few weeks ago, so I was very confused. I'm kind of relieved now I know what's wrong, and there are other people like me. I've been reading through some posts, and you all seem nice I'm hoping to learn about BD from other people, I've done research, but nothing is better than hearing things from actual people who also have the disorder.

Bye for now...Kim

Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: I'm Kim, new here, a little delicate

Hi, Kim Welcome.....there are great people on this board who will definitely help you with any concerns you may have here. I have come here looking for some answers as to whether my daughter is Bipolar or has something else going on.

From that perspective, if you wouldn't mind sharing, could you tell us what it was that made you know that things just weren't right with you?? What were some of the things you did or behaviors that you exhibited that led you to being diagnosed as Bipolar?? And when did you know or believe that things just weren't right??

I would be so grateful to know more about this because I think that my one daughter is coming to that realization and I just wanted to see if you experienced similar issues in your life as she is. She is 17 now and I also have a 14 year old who is of concern as well.

Thanks and welcome to this wonderful board!!!

Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Hedgehog No 1 HB User

Hey Kim,

Welcome to the boards.

I am also in the U.K. and struggled to find ANY help with the whole bipolar issue. You will find an almost endless source of help here. Any questions you have feel free to ask away.

Try and describe yourself in a bit more detail illness wise. That way you will find somebody who is closer to your own personal level of illness or symptoms or medication.

Hope it helps get you started.

Hedge ~

Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #4
(female)

BipolarKimmy HB User

I do feel alone, my loved ones just don't understand....I would like to talk to somebody who is going throught the same thing

Closed Thread