It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

ronniesteers HB User
Feeling manicky and restless and risperdal

I recently have felt manicky and restless. The doctor just increased my risperdal from 1.5 mg to 2 mg. Does anyone else take this and does it help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
(male)

yooper829 HB User
Re: Feeling manicky and restless and risperdal

Hello

Ive been on Risperdal now for a month and find it to be very calming after I take it. Im on 1mg at night, but the problem I have is that I still have the lows, like the racing mind and worrisome thoughts that I did not have when I was on Seroquel. My doc just upped my dose to 1.5mg (the 1/2 taken in the morning, the 1 taken at night) and then up to 2mg if I need to, so we will see if this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
(female)

ronniesteers HB User

Thanks for the feedback. Why did you go off the seroquel? Are you on a mood stabilizer too?

Old 05-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
(male)

yooper829 HB User

Hi there

I went off Seroquel because I could not get up in the morning, not before 8 and sometimes even 9...and then I was drowsy and my speech was even slurred a little for a half hour after waking up. My doc seemed to think this was an unacceptable side effect so after trying Abilify with no luck we are trying Risperdal. Crossing my fingers here. As far as a mood stablizer goes, I am on Lamictal and also Lithium which I dont think is considered a mood stabilaizer. Since Im off Seroquel I also use Lunesta for sleeping and so far this coctail seems to be agreeing with me. Hope this helps! Ask anytime

Closed Thread