It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

texaschick32 HB User
Smile So glad I found this site!

I have been reading alot of posts and I dont feel so strange, for lack of a better word..I know now that I am not the only person who has these things going on in their head and that there is hope! Anyone who has any comments or especially encouragement, it is greatly appreciated..I am newly diagnosed and really dont have that much support at home..its like its not a big deal,but it is to me..As far as meds I have been on Xanax for abt 8 years for anxiety attacks(severe) abt a year ago my dr. put me on klonopin but I take it only at night to sleep and 2 days ago he put me on Depakote..havent taken it yet b/c Im kinda scared of what it will do..I am more depressive..not many manic episodes..I guess I just really need someone to relate with who knows what Im going thru..thanks!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
(female)

marifer HB User
Re: So glad I found this site!

Hi iwas on depakote for a while. It really did help control my moods. I decided to stop taking it about a year ago to see if I could handle life without it. Guess what I survived, I am currently on ambien, xanax, trazadone, and zoloft. My husband of 4 years just left me and I feel like i am going crazy. This is the first time that i have been on this site i guess when i saw your post i felt comfortable talking to you. I have been having my ups and downs for a while now, i feel like i am losing it, ya know. I find myself having conversations with myself(i know it sounds crazy) about things that i could never say out loud. I have been divorced since december and i am trying to get out there again but i keep being rejected. Its funny how this illness of mine seems to be kicking in now that everything is falling apart. I find myself roleplaying differnet situations with different people. do you do that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
(female)

texaschick32 HB User

First of all thanks for replying! Iknow what you mean abt the talking to yourself,it doesnt sound crazy to me..I do the same thing kinda like "practicing" what I want to say..I have a real prob with racing thoughts so I could never tell anyone all the things that go thru my mind I would be talking constantly! Do you ever do that..just wondering and trying to get an idea if the things I do are the same as someone else..hope you know what I mean..and please write anytime you feel like it

Old 05-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
(female)

marifer HB User

Yes i have the racing thoughts quite often. sometimes when i am with friends i just blurt out what is on my mind, it kinda freaks them out but we just laugh it off and i blame it on adhd. I know how you must feel being recently diagnosed and all but it will get better. Eventually you just learn to live with it. As i have already told you it seems to get worse for me when i am stressed. I have was diagnosed in the early 90's. At first they just labeld me as having chronic depression, whatever that means. I ahve been happy and i have gone a long time with out feeling bad, but thngs will trigger my episodes. I have to learn to control myself, and think before i talk..

Old 05-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
(female)

lynelle101 HB User

Hi girls I am so glad that your here It will be nice to have more people to chat or vent with...It's nice to have people who make you feel normal huh??? Even at your worst days thre are always people here to cheer u up...I am bp with manic depression ptsd..I am currently on my cocktail of wellbutrin lamictl topomax and sereqouel for sleep...Yeah I have been on depakote did nothing for me and paxil almost kicked the bucket on that and then effexor and me didn't see eye to eye so with all that said now I am on my current meds... I am in a serious flash back mode of trauma child hood crap it's scary and new...Anyone go through that...Okay I have way more to say but don't wan to be a thread HOG...So welcome and let's chat anytime k.... your friend Lynelle

Old 05-02-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
(female)

marifer HB User

Hi Lynelle
we will survive, right? i dont know what i am suppose to do sometimes with all my feelings inside. Sometimes i react before i think and i freak people out. then i get the "did you forget to take your meds" comment and i feel worse. i am currently having major relationship issues and i cant control my anger, i am holding it in but i find my self roleplaying what i wanted to tell the person or would tell the perosn if they called me and i feel like i ma going crazy. is that normal or am i just losing it?

Old 05-03-2006, 02:26 AM   #7
(female)

BipolarKimmy HB User

It's normal (for us that is) I do it sometimes, just to hear it really, sometimes talking to myself or talking to the tv stops me from falling down so hard. I can usually tell when my mood is about to come crashing down, so I just try to amuse myself. It doesn't always work, mostly just holds the depression off for a couple more hours.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
(female)

texaschick32 HB User

Hi Kimmy, thanks for replying..glad to know I am not the only one who does this..I too am worried abt the med the dr. put me on thats why I havent taken it yet..sounds silly its not gonna work if i dont take it right? I have irrational fears especially abt my health and meds..like what COULD it do and WHAT IF..anyways hope to hear from you again soon

Closed Thread