It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
(female)

marifer HB User
does any one else talk to themselves

Hi i talk to myself all the time, i am assuming i do it cause i am lonely and dont know what to do. i find myself acting out situtations that have happend out loud and having responses for those situations that i didnt have at the time. then i think i need to talk to the person who made me feel this way and tell them what i have recently acted out. uh hello am i the only one who does this? i am living out situations that didnt happen or i want to happen by myself. am i losing it?

Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: does any one else talk to themselves

I do, and I don't have bipolar disorder. I do have OCD and Asperger's, though.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

I do this and I have Bipolar Disorder. It is very difficult to explain. Usually it is because I'm mad at myself over something.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User

I do this when I'm fantasizing about situations in which I am speaking to people. I try to keep the conversation in my mind, but pits and pieces slip out and I notice that I make facial expressions when I'm having these thoughts.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

SuchGreatHeight HB User

A lot of the time, hearing voices isn't the cause of talking to oneself. Self talk is usually in result of thought processing. It helps the self talker stay on track of what they are thinking of. As well, it can be a subconscience action when a person is trying to understand or organize a thought. Self talk, can usually be called "self mediation".

And cinemachick, I do the exact same thing with facial expressions. When I find myself in "my world" or "talking to my head" I often act out what I see. I always get strange questions pertaining to this; people ask me "what are you smiling at" or "what's wrong".

SGH

Old 05-03-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

SuchGreatHeight- The thing about "what are you smiling about?" OMG! Sooo me! When I'm in my own little world walking alone, I'm always smiling and laughing to myself. Hell, I'm laughing to myself now because I just finished reading a section in my biology book, and of course, it takes me forever to read because I do out-loud/mental commentary to try to figure it all out and answer all of the questions that pop up. And in chemistry class? I never stop grinning because I'm always laughing at my professor. This is why some of my doctors thought that I was hypomanic for awhile...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 05-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Oh..... I'm the same way!

You all just made my day! I used to think I was going crazy 'talking to myself' all of the time and making these faces and acting out or nodding to myself when in reality it is just 'reacting towards my own self talk'! LOL

Coffeegirl

Last edited by coffeegirl2; 05-04-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #8
(male)

JKoti HB User

I find that I talk to myself when I am anxious. This happens quite frequently and drives my wife nuts. I often can not stop until I settle down. I feel quite helpless when I do this.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
(female)

Anxious_Scouser HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marifer
Hi i talk to myself all the time, i am assuming i do it cause i am lonely and dont know what to do. i find myself acting out situtations that have happend out loud and having responses for those situations that i didnt have at the time. then i think i need to talk to the person who made me feel this way and tell them what i have recently acted out. uh hello am i the only one who does this? i am living out situations that didnt happen or i want to happen by myself. am i losing it?
Hi, I do this too. Its normally because Im thinking I could have said something better or something different in the situation. you're probably just more concious of how you are at the moment with people and not necessarily losing it. At least you understand and know that you're doing it. Some people never know

Old 05-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I have up to three people talking in my head at one time, more than not all three are using my voice. At times ic can almost be amusing, when I am trying to sleep its annoying. I have a severe form of MDD and GAD

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 06-01-2006, 06:07 AM   #11
(male)

scullyboy HB User

Hi,
I think everyone talks to themselves its just that they don't admit to it in case everyone thinks they are crazy

All your doing is running over events real our other wise aloud as they are running through your head.

And you need to hear them... ( your just having a rehearsall of the script )

The best part is that you can hear how a conversation sounds before you have it, and edit it... Or you can go over how it should of gone, and keep it to mind if you ever need it in future conversations.

When your bipolar your thoughts race at a phonominal rate and we tend to get verbial dioreha, so checking over things that are running through your head is a good way of keeping track DON'T WORRY your normal.

reguards scullyboy

Old 06-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
(female)

kitten58 HB User
Talking Re: does any one else talk to themselves

now i dont feel like im crazy, i talk to myself all the time and my family thinks sometimes there is acualy someone else in the room with me, my boyfriend says he always keeps one ear on what im saying and one on what hes doing just in case he needs to answer me all my thoughts are out in the open its hard to keep things to myself and i also answer myself and i talk very loud but dont realize im doing it everybody says i talk 90 mile a minute, i guess i do but its like i cant get it all out if i dont talk fast. i guess its the bip[olar i really dont know....

Old 06-24-2006, 01:50 PM   #13
(female)

darlingnikki HB User

I talk to myself sometimes. I actually think its normal, and I think everyone does it at some point and not even realize.

Like sometimes I do it when I'm alone or organizing my thoughts, or when I'm bored. Or sometimes I'll be watching a movie and I'll say out loud about something like "I can't believe they are doing that." or something related to the movie. Its funny, but I don't hear voices or anything.

Sometimes its best when you think about something is to say it out loud to yourself.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #14
(female)

rani 5 HB User

hey you all not alone obviously...i do so too and now mostly everyday..n i think also that it is due to loneliness..i am the only child of my parentz and i have no one to talk to..n when i am disturbed,or am in deep problem,or am nervous,or i regret something i have done previously,i start talking 2 myself..or even imagine situations in which i wished 2 be,imaginary persons i wished i were with..now am greatly used 2 this habit..am afraid i go mad due to it..

Last edited by rani 5; 08-25-2006 at 09:08 AM.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani 5
hey you all not alone obviously...i do so too and now mostly everyday..n i think also that it is due to loneliness..i am the only child of my parentz and i have no one to talk to..n when i am disturbed,or am in deep problem,or am nervous,or i regret something i have done previously,i start talking 2 myself..or even imagine situations in which i wished 2 be,imaginary persons i wished i were with..now am greatly used 2 this habit..am afraid i go mad due to it..
Hey Rani:

My thoughts have always been the same on the going mad part....errrr...perhaps i will worry when I quit worrying...anyway I am not an only child but i am by myself a lot of the time. So I have these conversations with other peeps that are only there for me. It helps during great amounts of stress to go away for bit not jus tmentaly but otherwise. I have been doing it a lot time though when the meds worked and i was on them...I did find that i Didn't do it or need it so much. You ain't alone!
Emerald

Closed Thread