It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
(female)

chaser3968 HB User
Question manic and depressed???????????

I am just wondering has anyone else done this. I have all the manic qualities llike started back smoking, spending, sex, eating out of control and then i have a very sedated mood. my manic episodes have always been the same until now. could i be depressed with a manic episode????????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Re: manic and depressed???????????

hi chaser,
could be whats known as rapid cycling (alternating between manic and depressed episodes or moods in very quick succession). Its particularly common with BP II. i used to rapid cycle to the point where i felt like the happiest person in the world in the morning and was suicidal by the afternoon. Talk to your doc or pdoc. good luck, Fallen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User
Re: manic and depressed???????????

What you are experiencing is a mixed episode. I get them too. For example, I can be depressed yet my brain is going a million miles per minute.

Closed Thread