It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
(male)

BenGone HB User
Apologies, in advance (or whatever)...

I find it difficult to recall where I've responded to threads, and feel a twinge of guilt for NOT getting back IF others have taken the time and energy for heartfelt responses...

I am sorry... Please NEVER feel any form of rejection, in that regard...

Matter of fact ~ I sometimes get overwhelmed with sympathetic emotional reactions, when reading the lines others have posted...

Therefore, I tend to limit what I respond to, and most often have low success picking-up where a "conversation" was leaving off...

That problem is exacerbated by my lame olde computer (circa Cheapo, 1996) AND Windows 98, AND a dial-up modem that makes cave-drawings seem efficient (after all, at least THEY last !!!)... I am NEVER online 24-7, usually taking an hour to do 5 minutes of REAL stuff (thanks to outdated equipment)...

Thank you to ALL who have corresponded, and I'll try to keep at least a small bit of focus in here, as doable !!!

~ Ben (awefully NOT around, of late)

Old 06-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
(female)

buckeyeblu HB User
Re: Apologies, in advance (or whatever)...

LMAO at "circa cheapo, 1996!!!!!!!

Ben (awefully NOT around, of late),

Contemporaries we are, my new friend. I also have a circa Cheapo, 2000. Windows ME. Neither of us can any longer receive automatic patches from Microsoft. Those cheap so-and-so's! The only thing I can do is try to keep my good ole pc up to date with anti-virus software and hope for the best. However, I do have a cable modem...Roadrunner. Beep. Beep. But because I live out in the boonies, the cable keeps going out. No TV. No internet. The cable goes out at least 4 or 5 times per week for hours at a time.

Hey, thanks very much for such a sweet, heartfelt reply to my post tonight. I really appreciated it.

I think I understand what you mean when you say you can get overwhelmed by trying to keep up with this health board. I've been on the board for only two days and I'm already overwhelmed. So many titles of postings. I scroll through them and when I find one that sounds really interesting, I click on it. But after reading a few lines, I realize I already read it......several times. As I mentioned in my post, my attention span isn't always the best. You just need to keep a sense of humor about these things. At least, that's what I tell myself.

There's a lot of very interesting information on this board. I read these posts and it makes me want to reply to every single one of them. My heart goes out to so many of these people.

I find it especially interesting to read what the families and friends of "bipolarites" have to say. They seem to see things from such a different perspective than we do. I wish I could get my mother to read some of these posts. I live with her...or maybe she lives with me. It's hard to tell anymore. All I know is that it doesn't take much for me to get on her nerves. Bless her heart, she loves me and tries to be supportive and understanding. Yet, she really doesn't understand how I feel. How could she? I constantly remind myself that my rapid cycles don't affect only me. She takes the fallout from them everyday.

Thank goodness my entire family is blessed with a great sense of humor.

I think I've rambled long enough. Take care of yourself. And take extra special care of your "circa Cheapo". Sorry to LMAO. But the way you described it was hilarious.

Don't feel you need to reply to this.

I've already accepted your "Apologies, in advance (or whatever)..."

Buckeyeblu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
(male)

BenGone HB User

Buckeye...

I wouldn't normally come across this way ~ but I have such a feeling that we've walked so much "in each other's shoes", that you could say we're practically...

... dare I say it ...

... Sole Mates ???

... ( minor pause for LOL or regurgitation ) ...

You know (he utters casually, as if we've known each other for YEARS), they THOUGHT I was a rapid (if not RABID) cycler ~ and finally tossed that diagnosis, in favor of MIXED STATE. Since I'm from the East Coast, and now live on the opposite side of reality ~ that's easilly understandable...

I also find it interesting how we BOTH show enough empathy for our "reader", to space-out not only ourselves, but the lines of type, so that they might actually be perceived in the intended fashion...

BRAVE OH !!!

Since I still try to feed my ego ~ I'll do so vicariously, by saying the following...

At times in your writings, I can "sense" that you don't give yourself enough credit for just how special and accomplished an individual you really ARE !!!

Don't ever short-change yourself !!! You've got a LOT going for you (despite the same self-doubts that I so often plague myself with - usually starting with morning wake-up)...

I am thankful that we encountered each other here !!!

May happiness rain all over you (and NOT the kind that is hitting the East Coast these particular days) !!!

~ Ben (wishing you all the best !!!)

Old 06-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Ben
What a sentive, caring soul you are. I like to think it's a postive bipolar trait.
As for your computer, well I have a 3 year old dell, with dialup (its all we can get where we live) I acutally have to keep several things to do inbetween the times it takes for pages to up load which has been as long as 1-2 mintues
at times. Here's the punch line with my short term memory by the time the page does up load and it's for a search I cant remember why I opened it. lol
Thanks for being part of this board and I really enjoyed your story on the
funnies/emabarrasing stories. Way to cute. K

Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
(male)

BenGone HB User

Thanks kiehn !!!

I've really enjoyed your posts, as well ~ and can TOTALLY relate to losing track of what I was going to say/respond-to, while waiting for the computer to de-clog...

Too often it doesn't de-clog, at all...

When I try to use email (a major service, that starts with the notorious "Y", as-in, whY bother...), I'll often "time-out" and have to reconnect a few times, just to get one or two emails off !!!

That happened TODAY, and I even had to shut-down / start-up TWICE (plus modem connect), before I could send a reply...

Can we spell F R U S T R A T I O N ???

Does frustration sometimes trigger A G I T A T I O N ???

Occassionally, I'll "trigger" my daughter, when she awakens - hearing me making the usual threats to this infernal machine (usually implying parts it lacks, and "shoving")... *

~ Ben

* IF the 'puter DOES have human traits, then it might figure ought how to make inquiries at the "Bowel Problems" boards, in anticipation of ....

Last edited by BenGone; 06-30-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Ben,
Yes we have had a couple computers that were that slow. Our dell
used to be faster, I think something is going wrong with it as i even
upgraded the ram to the max 1024 didnt make a difference. Thats
not why I wrote, what I wanted to say is have you ever heard of
a site call freecycle. It pretty much nation wide just do a online
search for the words "freecycle" to find the closest site to you.
Everything is free, people offered all kinds of items as well as post
wanted for all kinds of items etc etc. depending on your area
the numberof computers that might be given away would vary
just because someone upgrades. From the sounds of what you
have just about anything would be better. It's worth checking into.
Good Luck, K

Closed Thread