It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User
I've been really nervous lately, is that anxiety?

I have been doing well on the Wellbutrin, I have a question.
First of all I am disturbed because while researching it I read that it is not supposed to be prescribed for bipolar. But seems that if I got through the first few days I should be O.K.

They warned about what just happened to me a few days ago. The "flipping out part". But they said if you get over that rough part, (the beginning) then you should be O.K., it should not happen again after that, you are supposed to just get better as time goes by and meds start working.

The thing is, does anybody know if it is supposed to help with anxiety?
I've been really nervous lately, small things at work make me very nervous. I am so afraid I won't finish my work on time. Usually I just hurry and keep music on so I can have a good time too. Today the music made more frazzled.

But last night was a little hairy, too much going on here, (work) and hard to keep up. I know I can do it, but I was so nervous, I could not help it.
I hope the medication helps with that, I know it takes a few weeks to start working.

Then when I lay down to sleep I just think too much instead of relaxing, yesterday I didn't sleep too good. I could not fall asleep on time, so I missed about 2 hours, because I still need to get up on time.

I want to try to get some sleep today, and tomorow I'll get back to the gym.
I've been putting it off. I worry too much about everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: I've been really nervous lately, is that anxiety?

I am not sure if it is the Wellbutrin's fault, though I remember nervousness initially. As for taking meds per diagnoised ailment, I take both zyprexa and lithium both bipolar meds and I have MDD

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 07-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User

Thanks, you may be right, maybe it's just adjustment.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #4

Runningbunny HB User

I made it about a month on Wellbutrin. I had to stop taking it because I had an allergic reaction to it. I broke out in hives one day and you could watch the hives pop up while I was in the emergency room.

That aside, Wellbutrin made me feel angry and aggressive the entire time I was taking it. If I hadn't had the allergic reaction, I would have still ended up quitting it because I felt so lousy otherwise.

Give it a little time. Not all meds work for everyone. You may need to try a different antidepressent.

Closed Thread