It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

*Lai* HB User
Really worried about headaches from stress. Plz Help!!

Hi, for the past few days i have been stressed about a few things and they have really been getting to me because they concern decisions i have to make very soon.
Then yesterday in the evening (after a stressful few hours), i got so stressed and upset that i started to get very bad headaches. The pain was not like my normal headaches it was like someone was stamping on the top of my head, i felt alot of pressure pushing down and like my brain was being crushed. I havent experienced any headaches like this since just before my breakdown about 2 years ago when i was extreamly extreamly stressed.

So now i'm worried that these headaches are signs that i'm going to go into a manic/depressd episode. I was really scared yesterday and tried to do everything i could to get my mind off it.
Today has been alittle better, but when i stress just the slightest bit or worry about something for a second the headache is there again.
Sometimes i get it if i'm tryiing to read something or undersatnd it.

And also yesterday, after i started getting the headaches, it actually hurt to think and try to remember things.

So now i'm very worried because i dont think my brain can handle any pressure and that i'm making the wrong decision to go back to college. I start in september and i'm worried i'm going to get unwell. I dont think i'll be able to go to uni either, so i'm upset that this illness is holding me back from being more than just Bipolar ( i want a sense of accomplishment).

Anyone have and advice or suggestions about if these headachs are something to be worried about and if i should go back to studying?!?!?

Oh, and i havent been taking my medication properly so that might have something to do with it. I keep missing the morning dose and so i take 2 tablets rather that 3. This medication isnt as good as my last one too, so maybe that explains why i cant handle as much stress as i could 2 months ago.

Thank You.

ps I worry way to much about everything, its just how i have always been, its anxiety i guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread