It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #1

Hathor HB User
Post Not 100% sure

I kinda display a lot of signs of being bi-polar 2 but I'm not sure. It's very confusing. I've been a bit like this ever since I was 11 but more strongly in the last one or two years. I kinda get depressed for a little while (sucidally despressed in some cases) and then, as if by magic, I can't even remember being depressed and the thought of being depressed is completely foreign! I have like little bouts of being like that which last between 3days and a couple of months. I don't understand what's going on.
I know the best cure would be to go to a doctor but I'm going to have problems with that. My dcotor lives a long way away and I will need a lift with my mum to see him. But, my mum isn't taking me seriously so I don't feel happy talking to bher about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2003, 10:32 PM   #2

cds HB User
Hi, Hathor. In response to your question - I read what you mentioned in another post about jumping off a roof to see if it was possible, and trying to amputate your finger because you thought you knew better than the doctor. To me, that definitely indicates a serious condition that must be addressed. I am not a psychiatrist, so I don't know whether the diagnosis would be bipolar I, bipolar II, or something else entirely - but it is clear that there are issues that need to be addressed. I am sorry that your mother doesn't take you seriously. I wish I had some advice for you on that one, but I don't. Good luck in finding the help that you need, and in accomplishing the health that you are striving for.

Regards,
cds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
Inactive

davefuss HB User
Hathor,
Good thing your talking about it. If your like me you'll need to find your voice after others pick you apart. Thank goodness for friends but theydon't always call you back. I just had an epiphany (I don't know if you have that word over there). A friend of mine calle d me the other day and I've been afraid to call him because I always wonder what I have to offer. My job is easy, I don't socialize and my concentration is to bad to read and talk. You write well and are very understandable. You will be able to talk through your difficulties.

Old 01-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #4

Hathor HB User
Thumbs down

Thank you all very much for your replies. They mad eme feel a lot better, espically Dave's in general. I was actually feeling very suicidal tonight...feeling like it's time to put it all to an end...but now I'm not so sure.
I went to a doctor today who prescibed me anti-depressents and refered me to a pyscologist but I'm never going to go back and I'm not going to take the pills. Why? Because I have to be free of depression in order to have the job I want in the future. Any medical records that I was seriously depressed for a long time and it's all over.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #5

LauraL HB User
What meds did he prescribe? Does your potential employer really have access to your medical records? Please don't dismiss treatment this readily. If your thoughts are this filled with self harm, what good will the "job of your dreams" do you? If you have questions about any medications, you can ask the question here. Title a 'new post' with the name of the medication and people with experience with it will respond. I don't know about the U.K., but I know here, unless you volunteer this personal information, they don't get to know it.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:07 AM   #6

Hathor HB User
Most employers wouldn't but these guys would.

Closed Thread