It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User
Exclamation Need Help Regarding Meds

As you all know I don't take well to meds and was just prescribed Abilify 5mgs... Well today in my out patient program my Pdoc there (who is considered my pdoc and I cannot see my own pdoc until I'm out of the program) apparently spoke with my Pdoc and the Pdoc where I was hospitalized and decided that I should be on Abilify 2.5mgs, Lithium (ugh,totally forgot the mgs..Just dropped the script off) Remeron 15mgs and Xanax 1mgs 2x's a day...

Isnt' that A LOT of medicine? I did question her but she seems to think I need it??!!?! They also think I may have Borderline Personality Disorder on top of BiPolar...I'm I screwed up that bad or is this a normal diagnose that comes with BiPolar!?!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Old 09-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

Sophia85 HB User
Re: Need Help Regarding Meds

Dee-Nah,

That does sound like a lot of meds to start you on at once.

I take abilify (15mgs), Seroquel (100mgs) and Cymbalta (60mgs). I feel like that is a lot of medication but since it is keeping me stable I wont' complain too much.

Borderline personality disorder is a really common diagnosis in women. I was diagnosed with it while I was in the hospital and then later my therapist took away that diagnosis. I agree with whoever said you may want to read up on it and decide if it fits you or not.

Shana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

coffeegirl2, is abilify the only med you take and does it work for you?

Old 09-23-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

So far so good with the meds.. I've been taking them since Thursday and I don't want to jinx myself but they have been good to me ....

I did a lot of research (thanks to you all) and it seems it does explain a lot about myself...I think I was more overwhelmed with the all the meds and then being labled with yet another illness...To be honest I'm still up and down about the situation (probably since I am biploar=) but It's who I am and I'm dealing with it! But I agree to any of those who have bipolar or any other illness associated with it EDUCATE YOURSELF!!! My therapist LOVE that I know a lot about BiPolar they see that I'm serious with getting better...

Old 09-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

I take Abilify, Topamax, Buspar, and Wellbutrin XL. Along with Lorezphan and Lunesta as needed. The Abilify has worked for me very well. I've taken it for a couple of years.

It is a weight neutral med. In most people it causes weight loss. For me, it caused weight gain- along with menopause. ugh! Darn body!

Coffeegirl

Closed Thread