It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
(female)

girlindeedin HB User
i need help!

i've been self-diagnosed as bipolar on the web and i have deep depressionthat ain't good what should i do? what ya'll suggest i need help ASAP!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
(female)

catlover4156 HB User
Re: i need help!

See a doctor as soon as possible. If you don't have insurance, there may be a free clinic in your area. DO NOT WAIT, you will probably not improve on your own!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Re: i need help!

I totally agree with Catlover. If you suspect you have bipolar disorder from research, you should know that this disorder does not go away. It is a lifelong illness that must be treated with medication. It's a simple as that. It is not a matter of "willing" it to go away or deciding against making bad "choices." The chemicals in our brains are working against our "normal" decision-making abilities, judgment and moods.

The good news is that the meds DO help, and you do not have to live a depressing and embarassing life like so many of us have for so long. There is treatment, and it has been proven successful for many of us. I am just beginning to see the light at the end of the long, dark, neverending tunnel that I used to call life. Where I once felt isolated and alone and afraid and embarassed and crazy and paranoid and hopeless and worthless and stressed out and disappointed and stupid and ashamed and angry and irritated and...I now feel hopeful, calm, more at peace, more confident, more positive, and surrounded by people who understand.

And so are you. But I never would have arrived at this place without a proper diagnosis and medication. It's still a stuggle, and I've got a ways to go before I'm well, but I can feel a difference, and it's getting better everyday!

Last edited by gav_73; 10-05-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Closed Thread