It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

catlover4156 HB User
Sick of living in Bipolar CLUTTER

I was only diagnosed in August at age 47, but I knew something was wrong with me for a long time. I suspected ADD, but my psych. says I'd have struggled in school if I had ADD. I have junk all over my garage which is embarrassing (CHAOS syndrome-Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome!), and I can't find things. I let my car registration lapse and had to pay a fine. I've had overdue fines on credit cards too. I feel so ashamed and stupid.

I'm on Geodon, Klonopin and Seroquel, but still have disturbing thoughts (people dying, that kind of thing), and trouble sleeping. The anxiety is killing me, and I WISH I could enjoy life again!

Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Re: Sick of living in Bipolar CLUTTER

Hi catlover
i just wanted to say congratulations on your recent diagnosis because now you know what is wrong and you can start your life wwith a fresh start and things under control.
The things you mentioned, clutter, fines, disturbing thoughts are all very common with bipolar and will get better once you are on the correct meds at the right level.
Give the meds a chance to work as they can take a while, and two months is nothing. I was diagnosed in May this year and it was August before i even started to feel better as the meds reached a therapeutic level. Now im finally at a stage where my compulsive spending (which was one of my biggest problems) is under control and i can budget money for the first time in my life.
It can take a while to find the right meds and combination of meds to suit you too.
Dont give up, and dont feel bad about the way things have been. Look to the future, as things can only get better from now on!
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
(female)

ok2day HB User

Hi welcome to the club. Don't worry about any of it just fix one thing at a time and it will come right once your levels are right. We tend to do too much or nothing . Drink lots of water don't get dehydrated as that will not help you.. Hope you are having a better day today kind regards.ok2day

Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Hi Catlover,

welcome

Everything you say is normal.
My parents were over last night and Mum said this morning she could tell i was a little manic; flitting around doing everything, not looking anyone in the eye and incapable of concentrating on any conversation topic for more than 5 seconds. At the moment i'm pretty low in the mania too! However, the point of telling you this is that sometimes, that's why the house / garage / garden seem to be all mess. You sort of lose track of what you're doing but want to do everything. I've just upped my meds due to a particularly bad patch so I'm waiting for them to take effect...they are already but not quite at the right mark yet. It can take a while to get the mix right, but now you have them and this board, you can begin to take control again.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
(female)

slsmith1122 HB User

do you ever like, start supper, then go to the washer and dryer, then maybe, forget what you were doing.....etc. is that bipolar?

Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
(female)

catlover4156 HB User
No, I have a hard time getting started on projects--

I don't start dinner and then switch to something else--though my bipolar daughter does that. When she is over, I will find things after she has left, such as a cup of coffee in the microwave, forgotten; her keys and other important things. My problem is I don't follow through. I'll know I need to do this or that, but I keep putting it off until "later".

Closed Thread