It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User
Does this constitute 'mania'? ... tell me about yours too

Ok - was diagnosed few weeks back BP after years of erratic behaviour, guilt, and major depression (originally diagnosed MDD).

I fleet between accepting and wanting the diagnosis of BP and then completely failing to see how they arrived at it, time after time after time......

I would be grateful to hear if people who have been diagnosed can identify any of my traits to be those of manic, and in return I would also like to hear what people experience when manic, in their own words...

Ok - so this is me when I am 'supposedly' manic...
Extreme aggression towards anyone and anything, violent and abusive, arrogant to the point of ridiculous (on reflection), absolutely no talking to me - my way is the only 'rational' way after all and everyone else is wrong, wreckless driving, feeling totally immortal, could take on the world and win, electric, totally buzzing with energy, no touching anyone just like they can't touch me, completely in my own world, come into house..go out..come in...go out...come in... (you get the picture).... shopping spedning hundreds of £ at a time but feeling good with it, then after it all (from few hours to couple of days at a time I feel the most immense guilt for my 'unstoppable' behaviour. Can't believe I've done it 'again'. Feel my 'sorries' have become empty. Worry about money. Go down into my low.

***but although I talk very loudly and fast my words do make sense!!!

does anyone identify with this for their mania?? or I'm I just ill behaved??? really don't know......

what do you experience as mania??????
Interested to hear,

Nut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive

frozeninside HB User
Re: Does this constitute 'mania'? ... tell me about yours too

Extreme agitation, reckless driving, spending (but I never feel remorse until I go to the ATM and realize I'm pretty much broke.) What else? Totally buzzing with energy, yep, racing and running around all over, I TALK LOUDLY AND SO FAST AND MAKE SO MUCH SENSE TOO! And I think I am so hilarious, so articulate, so charismatic, it's like everyone must shut up and listen to me.

So that's that.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
(male)

scullyboy HB User
Cool Re: Does this constitute 'mania'? ... tell me about yours too

Mania for me has been to the ultimate degree and limits of torment and distress,
both to myself and loved ones?
When I go manic the whole of the local police arm themselves...and I am not joking , they have tried to get me cornered so as to [B][U]"take me out"
I am in a kind of a second party state of mind and not relay aware its me that's causing all this mayhem...

But of cause it is you can feel yourself building up ready to erupt at who or whatever your mind has perceived has hacked you off to the point you want to kill them ,shot them ( it )[B

That my friend is what i am like when manic and so far to date it has cost me twenty two years in prisons and mental institutions...this was pree B/P diagnosis
at present I am fine ? lets hope you can read the sighns when you are going into hypermaina, and avoied the pitfalls!!! good luck
With much metta behavna scullyboy

Old 10-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
(male)

scullyboy HB User
Cool Re: Does this constitute 'mania'? ... tell me about yours too

Mania for me has been to the ultimate degree and limits of torment and distress,
both to myself and loved ones?
When I go manic the whole of the local police arm themselves...and I am not joking , they have tried to get me cornered so as to [B][U]"take me out"
I am in a kind of a second party state of mind and not relay aware its me that's causing all this mayhem...

But of cause it is you can feel yourself building up ready to erupt at who or whatever your mind has perceived has hacked you off to the point you want to kill them ,shot them ( it )[B

That my friend is what i am like when manic and so far to date it has cost me twenty two years in prisons and mental institutions...this was pree B/P diagnosis
at present I am fine ? lets hope you can read the sighns when you are going into hypermaina, and avoied the pitfalls!!! good luck
With much metta behavna scullyboy

Old 10-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Hi Nut

Lots of things... Like spending too much money, rapid talking/pressured speech, lack of sleep without being tired, no appetite, weight loss, paranoia, anger/rage (just me-not with everyone), gosh.... talk about self (out of the norm), etc. irratic behavior.... wear too much makeup- more than normal, change in appearance, etc.

Does this help any? Go to the library and read up on Bipolar Disorder. There should be some good books that will help you out.

Hang in there.... I hope you are doing okay.

Coffeegirl

Old 10-13-2006, 05:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User

I met with my psychiatirst yesterday and he has refined the diagnosis to BP2 rapid cycling. He doesn't believe that my symptoms constitute mania, rather that they are hypomanic.

Thanks to all those that replied,

Nut.

Closed Thread