It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

jaak HB User
Triggers of Mania

Hi, I've had manias in the past but they haven't returned for a while. I'm still worried about the onset of a possible future mania, and I would like to know what things trigger mania? I just want to be precautious. thanks.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
(male)

ShoelessTroy HB User
Re: Triggers of Mania

Here are some of the things that trigger mania for me.

Heavy metal music, too much alcohol, too much caffine, running out of time to finish something sometimes will cause hypo-mania. Highly stressful situations.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

jaak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessTroy
Here are some of the things that trigger mania for me.

Heavy metal music, too much alcohol, too much caffine, running out of time to finish something sometimes will cause hypo-mania. Highly stressful situations.
Thanks for the input. I will have to agree with those you've just said and I've been careful to avoid those things. If anyone else can chime in and warn us about some possible triggers that'd be appreciated.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #4
(female)

ok2day HB User

Hi lack of sleep is one of the main triggers . stress is another . I go and have massages once a month which helps. Just take one day at a time , and don't take on too much. Before I found this site I had no one to talk and I that used to make me feel really down. take care ok2day form nz

Old 10-09-2006, 03:03 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Hi Jaak,

having no plan or objective, day by day and for your life. I found working in software for 10 yrs when really all I ever wanted was to work with animals or people extremely stressful and hence drove many manias. Problem being, I am intelligent and emotionally intelligent, good motivator etc etc so rapidly climb the ladder in any corp environment I get into. But fundamentally, software and the like drive (in the main) a move away from the earth and people. So I had an inner conflict with my ideology and the life I was leading......

Problem now is i can't get a low paid job anywhere, just to keep me busy because of my CV. I need to retrain, which adds stress due to £ fall out!

hmmmmm

Old 10-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Life altering events(marriage, divorce, death in family, engagement), changing jobs, sometimes vacations, changing of seasons, sickness (yes, this can happen to some people), job promotion, new addition to family... anything that is out of the 'ordinary' in your typical daily life happenings and structured life that can set the routine into off kilter could set off a trigger.

Coffeegirl

Closed Thread