It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User
It's meeee and I'm happpyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

This is the first time I've felt like this since my BP diagnosis. I'm talkative to the point of talking to the polar bears and fishies on TV! Just want to talk, talk, talk.

Even though I have end of year exams tomorrow, I'm just so excited. Normally the day before important exams I'm best left alone!!! I'm absolutey bubbling, feel like my heart is going quick, quick, quick - like an adrenaline rush. It feels fantastic - this is me when I describe myself as feeling the fluffy clouds in the blue, blue sky. The world is my oyster.....

The thing I wanted to share is that as this is my first 'happiness' since my BP diagnosis a few weeks ago, I know I should treat it with caution, as opposed to wanting to ride those waves!!!! Don't want it to explode with violent and aggressive behaviour....

Just wanted to thank-you all too. I haven't been posting on this board long, but already the help I have gained has been tremendous in giving me a better insight into myself. Tnk-u all!!!!!

Nut.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Re: It's meeee and I'm happpyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Hey Nut!

Well, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Do you believe it's the medication working or a manic/hypomanic episode coming on? The talking to anyone and everything is a sign of that. But, it sounds as if you are aware of what might be going on, so I don't want to rain on your parade. Just continue to be aware. I would also let your doc know, just in case....

And I'm so glad you're here, too, Nut. This board really helps me to deal with things much easier. I don't feel so isolated or alone anymore. Even though I have a wonderful and supportive husband, he's as straight and as stable as an arrow and can't really comprehend how debilitating this illness really can be.

Just remain aware of what's going on with you, continue to post on the boards, let your doctor know about your sudden mood change, and have a great day!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Hi Nut

Hope your exams went okay. How is your mood today? Please be careful and monitor your moods for a while and keep a journal of your moods and in general about how you are feeling of lately about things in general- school, friends, life, your goals, happenings, dreams, etc. or I could give you other ideas of what to journal if you'd like. It is a very good thing to do when one has been depressed or going through a rough time. A good outlet.

It is nice to see you happy. If the over happiness becomes too happy to the point of exhaustion one must take a step back and look at the situation. Like gav mentioned, it could be hypomania if things begin to escalate into a different level. So please be careful and monitor yourself and the moods. After a depression hypomania can sneak up on a person.

Hugs and good wishes

Coffeegirl

Old 10-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User

Hi gav_73 and coffee girl,
Well, the exam is over now - thank-goodness. My stress levels were threw the roof just before it!!! I'm gettin too old for this malarky - yes, I'm puttin myself through a second degree in Psychology whilst in full-time work - bring it on!!!!

I do think that I am becoming (hypo)manic. Back in work today and talking to everyone about setting up a commune - seems like a good idea though - growing our own veg, building fires - whayhey!!!! No more work or study - yes!!!! Lets have a commune.....

Have an appt with psychiatrist (is that what you mean by ref to pdoc?) this Thurs so will tell him of events.

Hope you are keeping well

Nut.

Closed Thread