It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User
House work sparks it off

I've noticed something recently. House work seems to be a spark for my mania. Once I get going I am like a whirl-wind and get so aggressive if anyone trys to stop me. My OH has been trying to point this out to me for years - but it is only now that I have put 2 + 2 together. I literally jump from one thing to the next and will have the whole house absolutely immaculate within about 90mins. My OH trys to get me to slow down, but even as he takes hold of me, I'm grabbing at a duster to try to still clean whilst in his arms, trying to wash the dishes if we're by the sink - I'm literally grabbing out at things - got to keep going. Even when he trys to speak to me I'm away in my own world - can't stop, how dare anyone try to stop me.

Now he just lets me go. But after the house work I'm like a fire - ready to crack up at anything and anyone - got to be agressive - got to be.

Can anyone identify with this?? Must say this is a plus side of mania.

Nut.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User
Re: House work sparks it off

Hi Nut,

I'm not sure housework sparks it for me....

what i do know is that when i get a hypo, housework and every other little job that needs to be done gets done; sort of all at the same time! can't concentrate and complete one at a time, do several together!

jgr

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread