It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
(male)

fattyrc HB User
Men get your testosterone level checked

I've been diagnosed Bipolar since my mid to late teens (i'm now 29). i've tried many different medications with little to know relief in my symptoms. I recently saw a new DR & he had my testosterone level checked & found it to be VERY low. I started receiving Testosterone shots & I have virtually no symptoms anymore. I have energy, no depression, no anxiety etc.
It's a simple blood test so I have to recommend getting checked!

hope this helps someone out there!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

shannonkristin HB User
Re: Men get your testosterone level checked

i believe that this is my fiancees problem, he is bipolar, and has add. He takes lamictal (250mg) and was recently put in well butrin to stimulate him. he has no sex drive, is tired all the time, and has gained weight around his midsection. We have a very good relationship, but there is no desire for sex. I don't need to come on here and justify myself and say how wonderful i am, and things like that. for a normal comitted relationship for people that are in love, this is not normal. i do want to make him an appointment for the doctor about this, and he wouldnt mind it if i did, but in ways i feel as if i am being selfish. what are some of the side effects over time of having low testosterone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
(male)

fattyrc HB User
Re: Men get your testosterone level checked

The way I understand it. none of the symptoms/problems of having low testosterone can't be reversed by getting your level fixed. since I was 19 (i'm 29 now) I've gained 130lbs. I used to play hockey, I used to play guitar in a band & have quit doing all of that because I'm too tired. I've had severe depression that has gotten worse ever year since my mid teens. I've had panic attacks that led to me even getting Agoraphobia (I was affraid to leave my house). I lost a very good job, I lost another job that wasn't all that great. As far as sex... it got to the point where my wife & I only had sex (at the very most) about 3 times a month. & even then it was more like a chore as I really wasn't that interested in it. My wife thought I wasn't attracted to her anymore which was NOT the case at all.
Since I started receiveing my Testosterone shots (which has only been a month)
All of it is better... No depression, No Anxiety/panic attacks, I've actually lost 7lbs, I have energy that I don't ever remember having, & as far as the sex drive I'll just say I feel like I'm 18 again & things with my wife are much better.

Closed Thread