It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

irhungary1988 HB User
Bipolar Coming Back?

I was diagnosed with Bipolar 3 years ago at the age of 15. I had been on medication for it but had to quit 5 months ago when I got pregnant because my OB said it was not safe. The recent medication I was on for it was Abilify which was also used for something else that I had suffered from.

For a while I've been fine and not needing any medication at all. I've been the happiest ever! Now for some reason, I think it's starting to hit me again. I can be ****** off one moment then happy the next and vice versa. I don't know if it's the hormones or episodes. What can I do? Also, I'm thinking it could be a factor of grieving because a very close aunt had passed away 3 months ago and I was in the room with her.

Off topic:

The set up reminds me of teenspot.

Last edited by irhungary1988; 10-10-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
(female)

ok2day HB User
Re: Bipolar Coming Back?

Hi you must be very careful what drugs you take while pregnant.It is proberly one of the hardest times to cope with as there are not alot of drugs we can take when pregnant. You need to get lots of sleep ,stay away from alcohol and try not to get too stressed out. Now that is a big ask. I hope you have got understanding family members who can help you, or a few good friends. Keep in touch good luck. and when in need and you have no one get typing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
(female)

irhungary1988 HB User

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to respond.

I had to quit taking of my medications, especially the Prozac.

I just learned for myself that lack of sleep was causing me to have episodes. I have a hard time getting to sleep because the people behind us don't turn off their spotlight anymore which is really inconsiderate. It's a different neighborhood so it's hard to find their house. When I do go over there to ask them to turn it off no later than 2230 on weeknights because I have work, no one's home.

I don't drink so staying away from alcohol is no problem for me and I only get stressed when I'm driving just for the plain fact that people are idiots.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
(female)

ok2day HB User

Hi try getting one of those eye covers they give you on the planes I think beauty departments stock them to block out the light or put a dark blanket up against the window. Really nice to talk to you . Hope you have a better day today.

Closed Thread