It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User
Well,here I go again,with another positive suggestion,

It so happened when I was still going through my episodes, 25 years ago,that I found myself worrying so much about everything and anything. I found that I also complained so much about my Anxiety. (Like all BP people do).
Well,it came to me that my Anxieties were some what related to my Worry. However, I reasoned that my worrying seemed to follow my constant procrastination of needs to complete the tasks in front of me. So I decided to take on the task that I was worrying about the most. I told my self not procrastinate any longer,and resolve the task that I was worrying about. And I did resolve it . The worry left me and also my Anxiety level was reduced. I decided that from then on I would not procrastinate on ANYTHING.
What I learned from this was a whole "Chain Reaction" could take place : Reducing Procrastination - Reduces Worry - Reduces Anxiety - Reduces Fears - Reduces Stress - And then Reduces Triggers to Mood Swings - Which Reduces Reoccurrence of BP Episodes.
This,"Chain Reaction" takes practice and time. And,It helps to take your proper Medication.
Stay with it -- and stay away for Procrastination.
Everything then, will follow !

Eyes

Last edited by twoeyez; 10-12-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User
Re: Well,here I go again,with another positive suggestion,

Eyes and to everyone reading this:

Okay... This is complicated for me writing this post. Trying to get this in 'order' of agenda.

You sure have a good point here Eyes and have hit home with me today. This subject makes a lot of sense to how I have been living my life lately. Now the thing is, change. Making the abyss over into moving the procrastination so the anxiety is not there anymore is where I need to be. It is not an easy task, but you have proven it so can be done. And definitely it can be.

Right now, my biggest problem is moving with a bulldozer all of the insurance problems, and difficulties my son is having at school. Now if and when those two things can possibly occur, I will be 'safe' from the anxiety zone. However, those two things are some what out of my reach due to not being all in my hands. There is only so much I am able to do- and the rest is up to everyone else. And- it just 'has to be' and what will be - 'will be' for the time being. And I just have to accept it for the time being. That is going to be a huge feat in my shoes.

There are many who post here who I hope read this thread and post here. There are many who can learn from this thread. It is hard to take from procrastination and anxiety that chain of reaction that you have mentioned. It is an easy thing to connect one way and then go the other way. That, many of us have done before and can relate to.

Well, hope this post finds you all in good spirits tonight.

Coffeegirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

coffeegirl :

Perhaps,we all want to move through this "Chain Of Reaction" that I talked about,with ease and no repercustions.

I simply am asking for us to have some faith in this "Chain". If it breaks down at the beginning for you,than I only ask that you try to start over. Believe me, it wiil work.

Remember,we can't control other people's actions or demands on where our life is headed. However, we can control how we react.

That is what life is all about. The "Chain Of Reaction" just gives us support.

Eyes

Last edited by twoeyez; 10-12-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Eyes ~ I must say that this "Chain Reaction" that you describe certainly seems to provide great insight as well as applicability to my own life in terms of anxiety and procrastination. As you well know, I am not Bipolar but see the relavance of how this is something that each one of us can use to reduce the overall stress, anxiety, and "chain reaction" that can affect our overall well being.

I would imagine for my daughter and those who are Bipolar this information could certainly prevent futher episodes or triggers that offset things and bring about an imbalance to one's emotional/mental well being.

Thanks for sharing your insight and positive thoughts...they ttuly inspire me as I am sure they do others here.

(((HUGS))) ~ Goody

Old 10-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

[QUOTE=goody2shuz] As you well know, I am not Bipolar but see the relavance of how this is something that each one of us can use to reduce the overall stress, anxiety, and "chain reaction" that can affect our overall well being.

"I think you've got it." Truly, I'm not tying to simplfy a way to solve all of our stresses,fears,anxieties,etc. with this "Chain Reaction" concept.
However, if it worked for me, it sure would'nt hurt for any one to try it.

Welcome any other comments.

Eyes

Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
(female)

sharonamy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYESTWO22 View Post
It so happened when I was still going through my episodes, 25 years ago,that I found myself worrying so much about everything and anything. I found that I also complained so much about my Anxiety. (Like all BP people do).
Well,it came to me that my Anxieties were some what related to my Worry. However, I reasoned that my worrying seemed to follow my constant procrastination of needs to complete the tasks in front of me. So I decided to take on the task that I was worrying about the most. I told my self not procrastinate any longer,and resolve the task that I was worrying about. And I did resolve it . The worry left me and also my Anxiety level was reduced. I decided that from then on I would not procrastinate on ANYTHING.
What I learned from this was a whole "Chain Reaction" could take place : Reducing Procrastination - Reduces Worry - Reduces Anxiety - Reduces Fears - Reduces Stress - And then Reduces Triggers to Mood Swings - Which Reduces Reoccurrence of BP Episodes.
This,"Chain Reaction" takes practice and time. And,It helps to take your proper Medication.
Stay with it -- and stay away for Procrastination.
Everything then, will follow !

Eyes
What about problems you cant solve immediatly? Like huge debt??

Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #7
(female)

paranormal HB User

EYES, this is a great thread. I see that I go through the same chain reaction, and I'm not even diagnosed yet. I have a HUGE problem with procrastinating, it is almost lethal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonamy View Post
What about problems you cant solve immediatly? Like huge debt??

I would say: start solving it immediately. by that I mean, do whatever it is in your power that you can do to work towards getting rid of it, i.e., saving 2-20% of your paycheque in repaying loans.

isn't that right EYES?

Closed Thread