It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Smile Newbie. here. just diagnosed

HI I am Caren , and got diagnosed with BI-Polar. I dont know which kind yet.

I am taking Zyprexa.. It takes away all anxiety. and I feel so much better.

Does everyone who has this illness suffer. from headaches. or clutter in your home? I know I am intense,and I think that this medication will be a way out of intensity. Massage therapy has been a big help for me. It has the reduced the headaches down to infrequency... of suffering..

any ideas or websites that have informaton of BI -polar.

I would like to know if anyone. has had back experiences with Zyprexa. It is very expensive. $289.00 per month. but my MD gave me samples for the first month..

hugs and happy to find this site.. Caren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

kaz05 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Newbie. here. just diagnosed

Hi my name kaz, and im 25 just been told too
cant get my head round it yet.
I get really bad headache too
If yo want to get things off our chest, come and have a look at my site,
Dont no how to feel yet being told do you?
kaz.x
[url]www.grabaforum.comimreallynotmad[/url]
just wanted to use it to get things out of my head
really good people, good advice.
we just starting up. we need you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

kaz05 HB User
Re: Newbie. here. just diagnosed

sorry its kaz, presed wrong key
[url]www.grabaforum.com/imreallynotmad[/url]
kaz.x

Old 10-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

catlover4156 HB User

Welcome! I don't get headaches often, but do suffer from CHAOS -- can't have anyone over syndrome! As I posted below, my garage is a mess and it is embarrassing. (There is clutter elsewhere, but the garage is the main mess.) I was only diagnosed August 10 and I'm on Geodon. I am not sure it is working yet; I feel kind of "flat" but still have crying spells.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Others have recommended NAMI as a great source of information. I've been there as well for support, and they have loads of information about the illness, and other mental health illness', of which can be very beneficial.

'Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide: What you and your family need to know'- written by: David J. Miklowitz, is a great book for both individuals with the illness and family members who have those who suffer from the illness. Go to a book source web site where it lists a little description about the book, to give you more details. It is an excellent book. I have many books about the disorder, and this is the best one yet, as well as the 'Unqueit Mind' by Kay Redfield Jamison. She too, has written some powerful books about mental health related issues, which are substantial to society. You also can purchase these books used on the web; which is very nice.

It doesn't really matter which type of Bipolar you are- it is just knowing that you have a diagnosis; and realizing that you can figure out that there is hope to treat the symptoms of what is bothering you. That is the best thing for now. I hope that you find some peace with how you are feeling.

Take care of yourself. I hope that you find some peace.

Coffeegirl

Old 10-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

thank you Coffeegirl... for the information..

Closed Thread