It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
(female)

suzannecaroline HB User
never-ending nightmare

At night, the dreams are so vivid and terrible that i am affraid to sleep. i wake up at 430 am everyday after one of them. They seem to be worse when I am taking meds.. and as all you know that is what bipolar people have to do. This is all just a horrible cycle that is never ending. The meds, the personal discomfort is actually becoming unbearable. I am not new to this nightmare, I have been living it since I was a child. Does anyone else experience the vivid nightmares and chronic irritabilitiy in life? I tell this to the docs, but I dont think they are fully aware how severe this is for me.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
(female)

nicknamechoice HB User
Re: never-ending nightmare

Just call me mrs. angry cos that's how I'm starting to hear myself. Funny thing is that I perceive myself to be a positive person - don't all bp people have to be positive, how else would we survive the nightmare that is bp?

Of course that isn't how the outside world sees us - we're irritable, complaining most of the time. Ok we may be more likely to say that the glass is half empty but there's 2 ways of looking at this - to me, I'm not fooling myself by saying something it isn't and also half full makes me think that i'm wishing it was still full therefore I'm more positive by saying it's halff empty when I can still enjoy all that it is.

perverse or what - try explaining that one!

I totally agree with you though that people just don't realise how severe all these symptoms can be and if I thought that medication would take it all away then I would be at the doc's tomorrow morning saying sign me up. However, it is clear from these boards that medication causes its own problems and doesn't necessarily sort it all out. So until side effects are ruled out, I'll stick with what I know and let other people deal with their misperceptions of who or what I am.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
(female)

ok2day HB User

hi tell your doctor how you are feeling and that you are having broken sleeps as that is not good.Sometimes i have bad panic attacks and they are scarey. what meds are you on? they may have to be looked at. If you don't get any satisfaction from your doctor look around for a new one. Have a nice relaxing bath before bed and listen to some of your favourite music it may help. .It is mental health week in new zealand with one in 4 people having a mental illness in this country quite alot . We get all the help we need and only have to ask for it .Everything is free except the meds which we are very lucky. Reading about the health system in america doesn't sound very good.good luck thinking of you kind regards ok2day

Old 10-17-2006, 01:09 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Hi there,

I suffer badly with what you describe, vivid, lucid like I'm awake they nearly always take a sinister turn and leave me drained and afraid to sleep again. Go back to the doc. Lack of sleep will trigger a mania or depression; it does me, even though it's often the symptom of either coming on already......
You're not drinking caffeine or wine or anything?
Try and take a walk mid afternoon if not something more vigorous to wear you out a bit. i know you've heard it before, but give it another go x

Old 10-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
(female)

pse1960 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok2day
hi tell your doctor how you are feeling and that you are having broken sleeps as that is not good.Sometimes i have bad panic attacks and they are scarey. what meds are you on? they may have to be looked at. If you don't get any satisfaction from your doctor look around for a new one. Have a nice relaxing bath before bed and listen to some of your favourite music it may help. .It is mental health week in new zealand with one in 4 people having a mental illness in this country quite alot . We get all the help we need and only have to ask for it .Everything is free except the meds which we are very lucky. Reading about the health system in america doesn't sound very good.good luck thinking of you kind regards ok2day

Old 10-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

pse1960 HB User

Sometimes I write to the Samaritians, and they are out of Republic of Ireland,
my question they seem to have more of an understanding of Mental Health
issues, and one of the meds I'm on is more widely perscribed in the U.K. and
Europe as a whole( its remron ) a generic form of an antidepressant. Is that
true and why is that. Does anybody know. I really can't discuss my bipolar/
depression with anybody because they just don't understand. I don't know
why that is because if you had cancer, people would understand? By the
way I live in the U.S..

Last edited by pse1960; 10-24-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Closed Thread