It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

lost and tired HB User
I have been diagnosed as bipolar

On Oct.28 I attempted suicide, when I woke up I was in the hospital. I spent a week in the hospital and when I got out, my husband never left my side. I'm on new medication now, lithium and effexor xr. I still don't feel real good yet but I'm trying to get a new therapist and psychiatrist. I have been struggling with this for the last couple of years. My old therapist was not much help.I guess I feel real confused yet, I don't know why.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

Prin HB User
Re: I have been diagnosed as bipolar

It's hard to realize that your life has value right now, I can understand that. However, you are obviously VERY valuable to that men who loves you so much!! For now, just hold on to the fact that he cherishes you, and was probably very very scared by what just happened. Don't take that love for granted, let him give you what he can to help you, even if it's just to hold you simetimes. He may feel pretty helpless right now too. Things will improve, give your medications a chance, and remember that these things do take time, unfortunately. You should definitely find yourself medical support that you have faith and trust in, and let them help you too. And remember that this forum is a great place to share your feelings and concerns. That's what this is here for. You are not alone, we will listen, give you support, and help when we can. There's not much you could say here that hasn't been heard already, you won't scare anyone away! Learning that you are bipolar is scary, but now that you know, you can learn about bipolar, and knowledge is power to help yourself. Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
(female)

ok2day HB User
Re: I have been diagnosed as bipolar

Hi you may have to wait a couple of weeks if not more for the medication to work. Things can only get better and you sound like you have a wonderful man. We all at times become confused but that feeling will ease and when you are feeling better it will seem less important to you. Life throws us some curve balls at times to test us. You are still on the planet and that is a good thing . Take one day at a time. take care thinking of you ok2day

Closed Thread