It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

Emerson80 HB User
Abilify - Sigh, can I ever win?

Because of the Seroquel making me sleepy 12-20 hours a day, I told my doctor, NO MORE, please... I have a life to try and live.

So we started abilify three days ago. I feel SO ODD. I feel prickly and I am barely sleeping, just laying in bed.....

I can't win. It's a non-winabble world with BP. Especially since I can rapid cycle.

I want to sleep, but I can't.

I am trying to work. I have been taking FMLA time but that is about to run out.

I am so down right now. So damn down.
I didn't take the abilify today because I want to sleep tonight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
(male)

Hanzy HB User
Re: Abilify - Sigh, can I ever win?

You Have To Take The Drug For A While Before You Know It Works. I Am A Rapid Cycler Myself. Was A Raving Raging Lunatic. I Now Take 20mg Lexapro And 30mg Abilify. It Has Worked Wonders! I Can Actually Sit Still, Collect My Thoughts, And Chill..don't Give Up On It...........its To Soon, And Not In Your System Yet.

I Take Klonapin To Help Me Sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

concerned mom HB User

My 15 year old son started abilify on Thursday. He slept but it was very restless and he whimpered and cried in his sleep. Friday he did not sleep at all. His doctor told him to try melatonin to help with sleep. Melatonin is actually produced by your body so it is natural and non habit forming. The doctor also recommended taking the abilify during the day if it effected his sleep to much. You might talk to your doc about both of these.

Hope everything works out.

Concerned mom

Old 10-29-2006, 02:32 AM   #4
(male)

going_far_away HB User

Hello I am on Abilify, and Celexa, From what I understand about Abilify and from personal use, it will load you up with energy, one of the main side effects is weight loss. Have you considered talking to your doctor about Ambien or Lunesta, to help with your sleeping patterns? I am sorry that you are going through all of this. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
(female)

SunnyXXXX HB User

My husband is on Abilify and Depakote at bedtime and Lexapro after dinner. Its working wonders. Its been 2months and have not seen any ( knock on wood ) side effects.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

I am on Abilify and I had the same problem, my doctor put me on Congentin and I swear by that drug, it takes away all the side effects Abilfiy gives... I now longer have the tremors, feeling like my insides are coming out, unable to sleep, etc....

Old 11-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
(male)

Dannyk HB User

Emerson,

I have been taking abilify for about a year now. Some of the side effects will disapate but one thing for me that has not gone away is the anxiety and restlessness is gives me. My psychiatrist prescribed klonopin to help with that 1 mg twice a day, and it does help. Talk with your doctor to see if he/she thinks that might be something for you to consider.

Dan

Old 11-18-2006, 09:22 PM   #8
(female)

pse1960 HB User

Seroquel and zyprexa has helped me. Without it I'd never sleep. I was
on abilify, but it never helped me with sleep. The abilify in addition to
an antidepressant that helps with sleep, might help. It has helped me.

Closed Thread