It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
To: Fallenangel

Hey there Fallen Angel
I dont have the greatest communication skills like many here but I truely understand how you feel. I have felt hurt and offended many times
not just on this board but in my social and family life as well. I have
learned for many that being bipolar heightens all our senses abilities
creativity, senitivity just to name a few. My feeling is the more senitive
a person the deeper they feel, give and care. Not everyone would agree
with that unless they have lived on both sides of the fence. There are
some people here I strongly sense dont like me, I dont have a clue as
to why, all I can figure is sometimes we say things meaning one thing and others interpret them as something else. I have made a public apology
to everyone on this board if I have ever offended anyone inadvertently.
Still there are people here that will not repsond to me not matter
how what I say or do. It just like in life some people are just like that.
Some people have so much hurt inside them it comes out in their words
actions and behaviors I have to wonder if it isnt a cry for help. I guess
what Im saying is sometimes what we see, believe or hear is not always
what it seems to be. I often have to take a break from this board because
it becomes to emotional for me. Take time to reflect everyone here is
in or has a family member in the same boat. I get so much from this
board I have to tell myself I not going to let mine or someone elses opinion, maturity or emotional state steal that from me. Ive always appreicated your supportive repsonses. To me support from this board is like an emotional hugs and I would miss yours if you werent here. I hope you take come time to reflect. Hope to hear from you, Take Care, Sending a big hug to you, Sue

Last edited by kiehn; 10-18-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Re: To: Fallenangel

Hi Sue
Thank you so much for taking the time to put a post out for me.
I totally understand what you mean, i definitely feel sensitive and over react to certain things, and get paranoid and worry about upsetting or offending anyone.
However, i truly dont think i have over reacted about the person that i feel has let me down on here. This person is not bipolar themselves but has a family member who is and is someone i have offered a lot of support and advice to. Then i said something i feel they didnt like, and since then they have ignored any responses i have posted to them offering support, which i just think is very rude.I have met some fantastic people on here,who have offered me a lot of support, and i, in turn, like to offer to support to whoever i can on this board. Sometimes it is hard to muster up the motivation to do this, particularly when you feel very low yourself. But i always try my best, and this person was no exception. I actually poured my heart out to them and gave them a lot of reassurance about their situation, from a bipolar person's point of view. A lot of that was very painful for me, and now i feel like thats been thrown back in my face. I actually thought about leaving the board over this, that may sound silly but i was that upset.
I decided not to leave as i know i have met some wonderful, genuine people on here, yourself included. And i like to come on here and check on how everyone is doing. I can honestly say that is the only reason i come on here now, as i have lost a lot of faith in this board recently. Like i said in my other post, there seems to be more people slating family members of theirs with bipolar on here than anyone actually trying to gain insight and understanding or offer support. And surely thats what this board should actually be about.
I think you're a wonderfully strong and caring person. And i can honestly say that i have never read anything that you have written that has been even mildly offensive, so i really dont think you have ever upset anyone on here. But like you said, its easy to feel very sensitive and worry.
Thank you for being there Kiehn

Old 10-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Sue & Fallen ~ I am going to share with you something that I shared on another thread that may perhaps help you out. Let me say that I am glad to see that you are both back here because this board is a wonderful place to get support and give it. EVERYONE has something to give and to learn from others. And to deny yourselves and others of this would be such a shame.

There are two spectrums of Bipolar, the struggles of those who have the disorder and those of the family and friends who love them. I'd like to think of it as a rainbow in which this board serves to connect the two spectrums bringing each to a better understanding of the disorder and how it affects those around us. Afterall, to separate the two is so unrealistic because there are many who have this disorder and feel so misunderstood and many others who love these people and want to understand more so that they can better support and live with somebody who is Bipolar. A rainbow is not the same when there is no beginning or end and so when we see that there is a way to meet in the middle with support and understanding it makes this board a wonderful place to be.

Welcome back and it is great to see the two of you back on board....

Love ~ Goody

Old 10-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Thanks Goody
You outlook as a non biopar parent is invalueable here not to mention
the wisdom you share so freely. I appreicate it very much!!! Thanks Sue

Old 10-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

Thanks Goody
thats a lovely and very true way of looking at things, i totally respect anyone who has a loved one or family member with bipolar being here, such as yourself. I know how far you have come on your journey with Erin, and how valuable you have found this board to be.
I have no problem atall with non bipolar people being here to gain such support and insight, as like you so rightly said, there is a connection and a meeting point there from both sides.It just makes me very angry when i see others using this board as a place to say quite disrespectful things about such loved ones, i can totally understand needing to vent (my dad is bipolar and my BF has mental health problems) but lately it seems to have turned into a maze of people ranting and saying things that i, as bipolar, have found quite offensive at times.
Im glad there are such caring people as yourself and kiehn still on the board

Closed Thread