It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

darkangle HB User
Unhappy dealing with bipolar

im 43 and was dianoised bipolar years ago,and im still learning how to live with it and understand why i need the meds i take just to be sane...the rapid cycling of my mood maina is about the worse for me to deal with on a day to day base.i know its all part of being bipolar1..its still hard to make friends when they all turn away when you mention you are bipolar....not to mention not knowing when you are going to become in a mania state.
i dont drive to go to any support groups or a therpist...so what can i do

Old 10-22-2006, 01:22 AM   #2
(female)

MSLAINIE HB User
Re: dealing with bipolar

Hi Dark..
I Am Mslainie And My Son Has Bipolar. Also My Daughter Has Adha. Now To Me My Kids Are My Kids And Normal...i Enjoy And Get More Sometimes Talking To You And The Board, Who Could Be Bipolar Or Not. I Am 41. I Have Learned The Hard Way Friends Do Come And Go.
I Am Lucky Enough To Have 1 Or 2 From Grade School But I Dont Talk To Them We Are All Busy. I Think If Anyone Gets To Know You Or Me If They Cant Except Us For Who We Are Then They Dont Deserve To Be Our Friend. My Son Has Very Few Friends At 15 1/2 But The 1 Or 2 Are Good Friends. Even My Family And My Ex's Family Act Funny Towards My Kids And They Are Blood. My Kids 15 & 13 Feel This And I Just Say They Don't Understand You.
Also You Do Not Have To Explain Yourself To A Friend. I Am Very Picky Who I Tell About My Kids Even Relatives.
Good Luck And Keep With The Board. We Have 2 Therapists And They Help My Kids And Me.. Also There Are Services That Will Pick You Up Or Come To Your Home. There Is Help For You.
Take Care.
Mslainie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
(female)

darkangle HB User
Cool Re: dealing with bipolar

mislainie
thank you so much for your reply....when alot of my family found out im bypolar they all ran from me as if i have the plague.
even my ex-husbend was telling every-one i was crazy witch didnt help at al...my father said it is all in my head that i want to be this way........................

but i have some how gotten lucky enough to find an man who knows and fully understands bipolar...he is here for me he dont make fun of me and hehelps me along the way each and every day...when i told him im bipolar dan looked at me and said and so.he loves me in spite of the bipolar....
he is my guiding light...

Last edited by moderator2; 11-03-2006 at 06:30 AM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 11-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

darkangle HB User
Unhappy Re: dealing with bipolar

im in bad need of some kind of support group..i just cant take this sever mood changes all alone any more..they seem to get alot worse when im all alone..but the probelm is i dont drive at all and i just dont have no friends to speak of becuse of my bipolar1 i pushed them all away....so if any-one knows where and how i can get the help i so need please post an reply im scared and dont know what to do......please any-one out there help meplease im feeling like i am losing what little mind i have left.......darkangle

Closed Thread