It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
(male)

Pointz HB User
My Therapist's Reply...

Hello,
I just met with a therapist for the first time and after our initial visit I asked him if he had any ideas about my mental state and he said "You have a mixture of anxieties and possible bipolar disorder". He said he would not diagnose me bipolar due to the seriousness of it and would let the Psychologist make the final decision. The problem is I will not be able to see the other doc till December 28! My mental issues have caused me to lose my wife and family and I now live alone. I have had trouble sleeping off and on for the last few years. My family doc put me on Paxil but that made me more aggressive and irritable. Should I try to see a doctor sooner? I don't want to cause bad feelings with my new therapist but I am in a very weird state ATM and fear waiting that long.

Last edited by Pointz; 10-22-2006 at 02:58 AM.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
(male)

spencerhg HB User
Re: Therapist Questions

Pointz,

I am a psychologist. Yes, you should try to see psychiatrist sooner than Dec 28th. And it should be a psychiatrist (MD) rather than a psychologist (PhD) because, even though the psychologist can also diagnose, only the psychiatrist can prescribe proper medication. I would hate for you to wait until December to get some relief.

Spencer Gross

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

A follow up question to above post.

Can my MD prescribe a drug called. Zyprexa.....?. She has given me samples enough for 3 more weeks. My question is., do I need a Psychiatrist to write a prescription when or if my MD runs out of samples. of Zyprexa . I have bi-polr. I dont have mental health coverage. Zyprexa is $300.00 per month so my Md gave me samples. of Zyprexa 7.5 tablets ... It really has made a huge difference in my moods

thank you.. Caren

Old 10-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

Can my MD prescribe a drug called. Zyprexa.....?. She has given me samples enough for 3 more weeks. My question is., do I need a Psychiatrist to write a prescription when or if my MD runs out of samples. of Zyprexa . I have bi-polr. I dont have mental health coverage. Zyprexa is $300.00 per month so my Md gave me samples. of Zyprexa 7.5 tablets ... It really has made a huge difference in my moods

thank you.. Caren

Old 10-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
(female)

Stormfuries HB User
Question Re: Therapist Questions

I have been diagnosed too many years to count with BiPolar II, DD, DID, PTSD, OCD, ADHD, and so on; I have a psychiatrist but psychologists seem to fear the DID more than the rest...they don't know how to react when one emerges. The area I live in has no support groups to go to even for BiPolar. I am tired of being the guinea pig for every medication made to see if ths will work or not. And as I type this, as you must know I am barely able to give you enough information to make any judgement; I am exhausted of dwelling in the 7th level of Hell. How do I find help when I can barely type this, let alone walk out my front door and face the "world"?

Old 10-24-2006, 04:09 AM   #6
(female)

tired06 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarenR

thank you.. Caren
Yes your md can perscribe it but go to a Psychiatrist for this. they are more trained. You can go to zyprexa web site and see if they have assistance for it. Your doc should have tried something different due to the costs but there is help out there. PPA also is a site where you can get help for all medications. I would like to know what DID is????? Good luck

Closed Thread