It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

*Lai* HB User
help with mood swings plz

Can anyone suggest anytihng to help with contorling my mood swings. They are getting more extreme, especially the depression which can spark off from the smallest comment made towards me or just a little thing going wrong. I am very sensitive and i get depressed to the point where i do feel sucidal.

I go through it like 3 times a week.

I am on medication and i get therapy, but i dont feel like i'm getting anywhere, apart from identifying that i am very sensitive.

Its just controlling my life and i'm becoming difficult to live with. My family are just trying to cope with it all but they leave me to let off my steam and give me my space untill i am ok, (i dont show them i am depressed or suicidal, they think i am angry).

I always feel alone and like i will not get through my life or make anything of it. I feel that i dont fit in with my family and they wish i wasnt around.

I want to get married after university but i am so so afraid that my partner will not be able to live with me or want to even be with me.

I wanted to move away to uni too but i am cnt because i dont think anyone will be able to live with me and i dont want to live alone.

So i was just wondeing what does everybody else do to control their mood swings? Are there any herbal supplements i can take or any changes that i can make to my diet to help??

I am really desperate now because i feel i will end up alone and with nobody because of how moody i am!!

Thank you

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
(female)

kackle HB User
Re: help with mood swings plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lai*
Can anyone suggest anytihng to help with contorling my mood swings. They are getting more extreme, especially the depression which can spark off from the smallest comment made towards me or just a little thing going wrong. I am very sensitive and i get depressed to the point where i do feel sucidal.

I go through it like 3 times a week.

I am on medication and i get therapy, but i dont feel like i'm getting anywhere, apart from identifying that i am very sensitive.

Its just controlling my life and i'm becoming difficult to live with. My family are just trying to cope with it all but they leave me to let off my steam and give me my space untill i am ok, (i dont show them i am depressed or suicidal, they think i am angry).

I always feel alone and like i will not get through my life or make anything of it. I feel that i dont fit in with my family and they wish i wasnt around.

I want to get married after university but i am so so afraid that my partner will not be able to live with me or want to even be with me.

I wanted to move away to uni too but i am cnt because i dont think anyone will be able to live with me and i dont want to live alone.

So i was just wondeing what does everybody else do to control their mood swings? Are there any herbal supplements i can take or any changes that i can make to my diet to help??

I am really desperate now because i feel i will end up alone and with nobody because of how moody i am!!

Thank you

xx
Here some suggestions, yoga, this will help calm you down, a stress reliever. You say your still in school? Try not to get involve with relationships while you're still in school, just focus on getting your degree then after you get your career going then you can start looking for someone. The last thing you need is a rocky relationship while you are trying to study for your exams. Eat lots of healthy foods, like fresh fruits and veggs. Exersise reguarly and get involve with school activities. Find some friends who have the same interests. Don't worry you will too find your partner, just take it easy and let fate and time take its course.

Jen

Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
(female)

*Lai* HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle
Here some suggestions, yoga, this will help calm you down, a stress reliever. You say your still in school? Try not to get involve with relationships while you're still in school, just focus on getting your degree then after you get your career going then you can start looking for someone. The last thing you need is a rocky relationship while you are trying to study for your exams. Eat lots of healthy foods, like fresh fruits and veggs. Exersise reguarly and get involve with school activities. Find some friends who have the same interests. Don't worry you will too find your partner, just take it easy and let fate and time take its course.

Jen
Thank you for your advice jen. I am at college at the mo doing a small course to get me into university. I do have a partner tho and we have been together for nearly 3 years now. But i just worry about being a nightmare to live with so i have alot of concerns about family and marriage.

I just dont like who i am and wish i could be someone different.

But i am defo going to start yoga again. My mood swings are terrible and i hate them.

Thank You xx

Old 10-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
(female)

kackle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lai*
Thank you for your advice jen. I am at college at the mo doing a small course to get me into university. I do have a partner tho and we have been together for nearly 3 years now. But i just worry about being a nightmare to live with so i have alot of concerns about family and marriage.

I just dont like who i am and wish i could be someone different.

But i am defo going to start yoga again. My mood swings are terrible and i hate them.

Thank You xx
I'm sure your guy understands about your bi-polar, if not educate him. Ask him how he feels about it and how much he does know about bi-polar disorder. Get him prepare for it, 3 years being together is great, sounds like a keeper. Try to get him & your family involve with support groups with your pdoc, try to keep an open communication with your family, educate them too, this will help your relationship with your family.

Jen

Closed Thread