It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

chameleon199 HB User
meds, coping as a military spouse, and living well

I have been diagnosed bipolar for 4 1/2 yrs. i really never thought about it tho--i was on lamictal 100mg and stable. Recently, i stopped taking meds and I started having panic attacks. I got back on meds and now I am on 75mg and feeling better. But, I am still having problems--I cried all wknd. My husband is in the navy and he is gone a lot. He is looking at getting picked up for the officer program. Which will be a great career move, but i am scared of being alone for longer periods of time. right now it's 2 months. But it could be as long as 6-9 months on a surface ship. I want to be able to support him and care for our kids. But everything I read is so scary. I had very few problems before, but now I am being pressured to take an anti-psychotic and more meds. I was fine on lamictal before. But everything i read says I will continue to get worse and need more drugs, that all have horrible side-effects. I don't know what to believe at this point. I see my 3rd new doc friday, and i hope he is supportive.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User
Re: meds, coping as a military spouse, and living well

Hi, I thought I'd drop by when I saw your post. It must be so hard to be home like that. Do you have a family support group? (from your husband's unit)
Tell me, what worries you about him being away like that, is it his safety or your family at home?
I just returned from Iraq, I am in the Army, so I don't know about ships, but if you want to talk, I'm here for you.
By the way, do you have an American Legion near by? They offer some very good support for military families, they can help you too.
Strawberry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread