It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

shelb HB User
i want to tell everyone

okay i was told i was manic depressive as a teen like13yrs old and now I'm bipolar Ive never taken my meds. right and cant take it any more so I'm on meds again its been hard my symptoms seemed to get worse when i was diagnosed again but.......now i want to tell everyone at church and well i'm not ashamed!if i had cancer people would feel bad but oh no shes bipolar oh my ..my husband does not want me to tell anyone he says they will judge me and guess what Ive never cared before nor has he he has said oh well if your top is low cut i don't think it looks bad i think no matter what we all will be judged by others and me being bipolar I'm very open and well don't care much but my husband made me feel bad and mad and sad you know all our feelings i feel like he wants me to hide who i am and i bet if i said in my small group bible study guess what I'm bipolar and get depressed that i could help a lot of people not to be ashamed and to seek help i was just venting Gods blessings to all

Old 10-25-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
(female)

crazywoman77 HB User
Talking Re: i want to tell everyone

hi there, I want to just tell you that i know how you are feeling re: hubbies feelings on the matter. I have for years battled without proper meds with this being diagnosed with every kind of depression but bi polar untill recently, we live in germany as my hubby is in the army recently he had to be called home from tour in Iraq as I was hospitalised. I feel this is something we need to be open about so that people can understand however it wasn't untill I had a call asking if everything was ok with my kidneys that I realised how ashamed and embarrased my hubby is about it. This makes me mad because it makes me feel like he is ashamed of me!!!! I guess the hardest thing to explain to him is that just like cancer this is a disease I cant help it and I didnt ask for it but we have to live with it. I guess what we all have to do is to try and educate our loved ones and then maybe others so that people are not ashamed or scared but open to understanding

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 05:17 AM   #3
(female)

Trish BP2 HB User
Re: i want to tell everyone

Hi,

I think the first person you need to help is your husband. Then when he accepts you have Bp you will then be able to tell and help others.

That sounds like I am being sarcastic/harsh, I dont mean it like that, I just found it hard to put in print.

Trish.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

shelb HB User
Re: i want to tell everyone

thanks gals okay so my hubby for the last7yrs has been the first person other than myself to acknowledge I'm bipolar(other than docs.) and we have been married for 9 yrs through thick and thin really cause I'm always doing something but he fell in love with me because of my extreme behavior and loves me for it still well ................except when I'm mean;( and I've never wanted to take bp meds. cause of side effects so i was always on anti depressants which don't work i had to be on a few for them to work a little so he knows it all all about bp i don't know he surprised me and not in a good way he also down plays my emotions cause he knows they will change soon I'm a rapid cycler real rapid my doc. says that's how he copes AHHHHHHHHHHH my emotions are real to real in fact any ideas ?? from shelb

Closed Thread