It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

suzannecaroline HB User
what to do for depression?

I have tried various SSRIs and wellbutrin was the last fiasco. It did not cause mania but horrible anxiety and panic attacks. I am affraid to try any of the others because how I may react to them and cannot afford to miss any work. I also do not want to gain weightor feel tired all the time. I take lamicatal at the moment but do not feel an antidepressant effect from it. the doctor has mentioned effexor. Anyone know about it?

Old 10-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: what to do for depression?

Hi,
I myself have not tried Effexor but my daughter has been on it for a couple of years. In my opinion it's a great drug, no weight gain, no major side effects, controls the depression, no brain fog, no anxiety, it just works. There only one draw back I've learned of and most doctors will deny it but you can read it on this board again and again. Withdrawls when you try to get off of it can be rough. I have done research for my daughter and some people have had great success by simply slowly weaning themselves off by opening each capsule and taking out 1 ball the 2 first weeks 2 the next two and so on until they were off. In my opinion from what I've read on it, it's one of the best antidepressants available. Good Luck, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Re: what to do for depression?

I am also on lamictal and have been on effexor xr bfore. It made me very agitated/anxious (this was before I was taking lamictal though). I also gained weight on it (which goes to show that it affects everyone differently).

haha wellbutrin was a nightmare for me too. I don't mean to laugh but it made me have panic attacks and it made me have many sleepless nights. Im sorry for joking about it but it all seems so funny to me now. eek I don't know I can't sleep again and my pdoc said that lamicatl was supposed to be sedating? I finally found a pdoc that I like and I am so glad. She even wants me to call her in a week! OMG My last pdoc would take like 5 months to see again. What is up with that?

Closed Thread