It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
(female)

crazywoman77 HB User
Angry insomnia

hi there just wondering if anyone can help me i was diagnosed a month back after 15 years of seeing doctors about depression in and out of hospital with ods i finally saw my first pshyciatrist who had me diagnosed with in the hour everything seemed to fit with me when he was talking about it. He has started me on lithium just 400mg to start as i am very small person (5"2 and 43kg) however I can cope with the side effects I am getting but what I cant handle is this insesent insomnia and nightmares if I do manage to get to sleep i wake up after like 30 mins with a panic attack or crying uncontrolably due to the vivid nightmares then it takes me a good few hours of tossing and turning before i manage another half hour. This is really starting to get me down as i dont have the energy to deal with the kids in a morning and i have the shakes constantly not sure wether that is because of the lithium or the lack of sleep does anyone else get like this??? sorry for wittering is a bad habit of mine

Old 10-26-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
(female)

ronniesteers HB User
Re: insomnia

You are not wittering. You are just tired. I get it on and off depending on the week and my mood. I have been up for about 2 1/2 days now with about an hour of "sleep" here and there. I know how you feel. I usually take Xanax and that does work. You might want to ask your doctor about that. There are other sleep medications -both over the counter (which do not work for me except in a rare case or two) and prescription that should help you. Call your pdoc today and let he or she know immediately about the sleep and the tremors - tremors can be a sign of lithium toxicity or it could be you are shaky from lack of sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #3
(female)

crazywoman77 HB User

thanks for that ronnie am seeing the pdoc again tomorrow so will talk to him about it all then everyday just seems like a rollercoaster i dont have the energy for at the moment not like normal whatever that may be (could be a million things depending on when you catch me really lol) Was just about to try to manage a cat nap but they building a new house over road and machinery has put a halt to that idea so i guess will sit here for a bit tthen go clean and start dinner for somereason that is the only time i seem content at the moment not that hubby minds ha ha anyway take care and thank you again

Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

There are medications that are specifically just for sleep/insomnia. Those medications would really be beneficial to you. Hopefully the pdoc will decide to put you on one so you can get some rest. Write down everything that is happening lately, including the nightmares so you will have a thoruough appointment with the pdoc.

Hope you get some rest.

Coffeegirl

Old 10-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
(female)

crazywoman77 HB User

hi there just to thank you both I dont know but it must of had something to do with getting the worries of the nightmares off my chest that last night i managed a full 5 hours undisturbed sleep no nightmares no panick attacks nothing god it feels good again am tempted to go back to bed now but am going to leave it and not mess up tonights sleep thanks for the help and well just for listening take care x

Closed Thread